connecting to networked printer

jawisa1

connecting to networked printer
I have an HP Photosmart 7550 printer that is attached to a server running XP. I also have a wireless laptop running Vista that I am trying to connect through a wireless router to the server which is hard wired to the router. I can network to the server and see the printer there but when I double click on it I get the following error: "The server for the HP Photosmart 7550 printer does not have the correct printer driver installed" I have two other XP computers wired through the router that have no problem printing using the 7550 driver installed in the server. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: connecting to networked printer
Hi
You have to install the Vista version of the software and the printer's
drivers on the Vista computer.
Then create the initial connection with the HP printer management software.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"jawisa1" wrote in message news:OCO79mMeJHA.4124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I have an HP Photosmart 7550 printer that is attached to a server running
>XP. I also have a wireless laptop running Vista that I am trying to connect
>through a wireless router to the server which is hard wired to the router.
>I can network to the server and see the printer there but when I double
>click on it I get the following error: "The server for the HP Photosmart
>7550 printer does not have the correct printer driver installed" I have two
>other XP computers wired through the router that have no problem printing
>using the 7550 driver installed in the server. Any ideas? Any help would be
>greatly appreciated.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

bob

Re: connecting to networked printer
Hello,

I answered this question earlier tonite for a Photosmart C6180...turns out
that there is an issue with Vista and the printer auto-uninstalling.

The link for the C6180 issue is:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

It is possible that the 7550 series has a similar problem...and a similar
fix exists.

Worth a try

Good Luck,
Bob