network with vista and XP

Chad Craig

network with vista and XP
I have tried suggestions from these forums, ms help site, and the web with no
luck. XP and vista will not access each other. The 2 XP computers can access
each other.

If I need to start completely over I will please just tell me how.

I have vista home premium SP1, XP pro SP3 (with layer patch and can be seen
by vista), and xp home SP3 (without layer patch and cant be seen by vista).

Mick Murphy

RE: network with vista and XP
Below is how I do it:

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
computer.

Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mad Mike