vista wont stay on home network

Al

vista wont stay on home network
I used to get a blue circle on the computer icon when I connected to the
internet then all of a sudden I started getting a red cross and the message
that a cable was unplugged even though it wasn't but I can still connect to
the internet. It's something to do with the Realtek ethernet cable, it is
that that has the red cross on it and my computer now thinks its on a public
network but it should be on a home network. I don't know how but I have
managed periodically to get it to connect to the home network and hence get
the blue circle back by disabling the Realtek cable but as soon as I log off
the internet and connect again the red cross comes back and it reverts back
to public network. Does anyone know how I can make my computer stay on the
home network? Also my ISP is orange and the name of the connection is orange
connection but for some reason when I click on the desktop icon for orange it
comes up with orange broadband which wont connect, I have to click on the
drop down menu and select orange connection and change the password, does
anyone know how I can permanently change that as well?
Thanks
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: vista wont stay on home network
Hi
There many ways of connecting to the Internet with many types of computers
operating system etc.
Without a good description of your Internet connection your hardware and how
it is configured together their it is impossible to know what is the nature
of the trouble..
Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#unplugged
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)