Vista 64 Ultimate Render Farms Errors, PLEASE HELP!!!

johnbo

Vista 64 Ultimate Render Farms Errors, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi everyone, im new to this forum but I need help so desperately. If
anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally
grateful.
I have 5 vista 64 computers connected through a switch, I use them to
render 3d scenes across a network using maya, I have setup a shared
folder on my main pc that holds the project files and also the renders,
all of them are setup to render frames to \\JOHN-PC\3dwork\renders and
at first this works fine, but after between 1 and 5 hours something will
happen, I start getting an array of errors popping up.
Logging into a remote computer will confirm that the shared drive on
my main PC is no longer accessible, giving an array of \\JOHN-PC is not
accessible errors.
These range from access is denied, server does not have enough
storage, server cannot perform specified operation, and such depending
on my networking settings but the result is always the same, some time
of rendering with no problem then a fatal error which needs all machines
to be fully restarted to solve. This is obviously a real problem for me
as I want to render a lot overnight while I am not actually working on a
project but I cant let the computers out of my sight for a moment as
they will fail.
I have tried a slew of fixes from various internet sites from
tweaking uac and permissions to adding registry entries but nothing
seems to work, some settings delay the failure but it never fully goes
away, if anyone can shed some light on this problem I would be
extemelely appreciative as I am losing lots of sleep and getting behind
in my work. PLEASSSEE HELP ME, PLEASE, PLEASE.

--
johnbo
Kent_Diego

Re: Vista 64 Ultimate Render Farms Errors, PLEASE HELP!!!
Hi John,
I reciently had some networking issues and it turned out the
network card on my computer was corrupting files. My fix was to adjust the
NIC's properties in the Device Manager to set Task Offload = off. See if
that helps or try a difftent NIC.