Impossible to solve? (was Move Offline Files folder)

Bruce Wheelock

Impossible to solve? (was Move Offline Files folder)
I suppose I'm being impatient, but is there no way to accomplish what I'm
wanting to do? Lots of people who come here are smarter than me when it
comes to Vista configuration issues. I'm just looking for one of you to
smite this problem, or just point out to me how easy it actually is. Or
both.

/Bruce/

"Bruce Wheelock" <BruceWheelock@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Searched, but couldn't find any message asking about this, though I am
> sure it must have been at some time - my system has a 50 GB partition that
> is the C: drive where Vista is installed, and a 200 GB partition for the
> D: data drive. To deal with disk space issues, I want to move the Offline
> Files folder from the system drive to the data drive. Is there a way to do
> this?
>
> /Bruce/
>
> [This is an evil cross-post. I may have hit the wrong place the first
> time, and I really need to get this solved. I won't do it often. Promise.]

Dave-UK

Re: Impossible to solve? (was Move Offline Files folder)

"Bruce Wheelock" <BruceWheelock@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OuCUYAWdJHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I suppose I'm being impatient, but is there no way to accomplish what I'm
> wanting to do? Lots of people who come here are smarter than me when it
> comes to Vista configuration issues. I'm just looking for one of you to
> smite this problem, or just point out to me how easy it actually is. Or
> both.

Have you tried Google ?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

"Dave-UK" <here@home.com> wrote in message news:zIOdnVu2VagT9vHUnZ2dnUVZ8o6dnZ2d@giganews.com ...

> "Bruce Wheelock" <BruceWheelock@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OuCUYAWdJHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I suppose I'm being impatient, but is there no way to accomplish what I'm
>> wanting to do? Lots of people who come here are smarter than me when it
>> comes to Vista configuration issues. I'm just looking for one of you to
>> smite this problem, or just point out to me how easy it actually is. Or
>> both.
>>

> Have you tried Google ?
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

Or here:
http://keznews.com/1996_Moving_the_O...indows_Vis ta

Jim

Re: Impossible to solve? (was Move Offline Files folder)
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:19:40 -0800, "Bruce Wheelock"
<BruceWheelock@comcast.net> wrote:

>I suppose I'm being impatient, but is there no way to accomplish what I'm
>wanting to do? Lots of people who come here are smarter than me when it
>comes to Vista configuration issues. I'm just looking for one of you to
>smite this problem, or just point out to me how easy it actually is. Or
>both.
>
>/Bruce/
>
>"Bruce Wheelock" <BruceWheelock@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Searched, but couldn't find any message asking about this, though I am
>> sure it must have been at some time - my system has a 50 GB partition that
>> is the C: drive where Vista is installed, and a 200 GB partition for the
>> D: data drive. To deal with disk space issues, I want to move the Offline
>> Files folder from the system drive to the data drive. Is there a way to do
>> this?
>>
>> /Bruce/
>>
>> [This is an evil cross-post. I may have hit the wrong place the first
>> time, and I really need to get this solved. I won't do it often. Promise.]

If it`s just data to be moved , I use Xplorer2 , dual pane browser and
just drag and drop from one drive to the other . ( Google for free
browsers )