Sync media library to remote WM6 device

fred

Sync media library to remote WM6 device
Hi,

I have a HTPC running vista ultimate.
My notebook also runs vista, and I have a Windows Mobile 6.1 Phone. I have
set up media sharing between the HTPC and the notebook. All CD's inserted
in the HTPC are automatically ripped by media player, and I can stream them
from my notebook - again, using media player.

What I would like to be able to do is sync selected tracks in the media
library on my HTPC with the Windows Mobile device which is connected to my
notebook. I can't seem to find a way to do this - when in Sync mode in media
player on the notebook, I can only see the local (notebook) library. Can
this be done?

I don't want to have to copy my library to the notebook, and I dont want to
connect devices or do admin on my HTPC.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks,
Tim Quan [MSFT]

RE: Sync media library to remote WM6 device
Hi,

Thank you for the post.

From your description, I understand that you have a Windows Mobile
synchronization issue.

As this issue is mainly related to Windows Mobile synchronization, I
suggest discussing it in our Windows Mobile forum or newsgroup. Thank you
for your understanding and cooperation.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsM...aspx?SiteID=65
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind.../bb264325.aspx

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Sincerely,
Tim Quan
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

fred

RE: Sync media library to remote WM6 device
Hi Tim,

No I think you have misunderstood the query.

Windows VISTA does not appear to allow me to connect to a remote WM library
from the sync tab.

This is my problem - nothing to do with the mobile device at this stage.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

Martin

""Tim Quan [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the post.
>
> From your description, I understand that you have a Windows Mobile
> synchronization issue.
>
> As this issue is mainly related to Windows Mobile synchronization, I
> suggest discussing it in our Windows Mobile forum or newsgroup. Thank you
> for your understanding and cooperation.
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsM...aspx?SiteID=65
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind.../bb264325.aspx
>
> I hope your issue can be resolved soon.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tim Quan
> Microsoft Online Community Support

> ications.
>
> With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
> to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
> issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
> Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
> Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

Tim Quan [MSFT]

RE: Sync media library to remote WM6 device
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Now I would like to confirm if you can access the video/music files shared
on one computer from the other computer after you setup Media Sharing.

Normally, after setup Media Sharing, you can click the Library tab and
access the shared files on other computers on the left navigation pane in
Windows Media Player.

For detailed information about media sharing in Windows Media Player, I
recommend reading the Help document (Help with Using the Library under the
Library tab).

You can also learn more about Sync by reading the Help document (Help with
Sync under the Library tab).

If anything is unclear or you need further assistance, please feel free to
let me know.

Tim Quan - MSFT

fred

RE: Sync media library to remote WM6 device
Hi Tim,

Yes - I can access the remote library fine. I just wanted to transfer audio
to my WM 6.1 phone without having to Sync it to the machine hosting the
library.

I guess it can't be done, which is a shame.

""Tim Quan [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> Now I would like to confirm if you can access the video/music files shared
> on one computer from the other computer after you setup Media Sharing.
>
> Normally, after setup Media Sharing, you can click the Library tab and
> access the shared files on other computers on the left navigation pane in
> Windows Media Player.
>
> For detailed information about media sharing in Windows Media Player, I
> recommend reading the Help document (Help with Using the Library under the
> Library tab).
>
> You can also learn more about Sync by reading the Help document (Help with
> Sync under the Library tab).
>
> If anything is unclear or you need further assistance, please feel free to
> let me know.
>
> Tim Quan - MSFT

Tim Quan [MSFT]

RE: Sync media library to remote WM6 device
Hi Martin,

Thank you for the feedback.

From your reply, I understand that your issue is related to Windows Mobile
device. Please understand I am not specialized in Windows Mobile device, my
suggestions on troubleshooting this issue is limited. I recommend
discussing this issue in our Windows Mobile forum for more information.
They are the best resource to troubleshoot Windows Mobile device related
issues.