printing troubles

eva

printing troubles
I have a new vista computer and an HP printer...
i have installed the Printer HP laser Jet 1018
i also have installed the dymo label writer for postage...
when i want to print a jpeg or any picture i am not able to print it
directly it saves it as a xps
and then shows that as the default printer
but i have the hp printer set as my default...
i just want to be able to print pictures from my computer
Help

David B.

Re: printing troubles
Where does network sharing fall into your question? Are these printers
shared over your network?

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

"eva" <eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new vista computer and an HP printer...
> i have installed the Printer HP laser Jet 1018
> i also have installed the dymo label writer for postage...
> when i want to print a jpeg or any picture i am not able to print it
> directly it saves it as a xps
> and then shows that as the default printer
> but i have the hp printer set as my default...
> i just want to be able to print pictures from my computer
> Help

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: printing troubles
Hi
From which application you are trying to print?
The first level of choice comes from within the application, and depends on
how it is set to handle files.
If the application is Not set correctly it does not even get to the point of
looking for your printers.
As for Vista Printer Sharing see this. Vista File and Printer Sharing-
If the printers are stand alone Network Printer follow carefully their
manuals instructions concerning installation on a network.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"eva" <eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new vista computer and an HP printer...
> i have installed the Printer HP laser Jet 1018
> i also have installed the dymo label writer for postage...
> when i want to print a jpeg or any picture i am not able to print it
> directly it saves it as a xps
> and then shows that as the default printer
> but i have the hp printer set as my default...
> i just want to be able to print pictures from my computer
> Help

Condry

Re: printing troubles
I have seen the MS site below, and I have talked to HP. I woudl like to
detail the problem and see if there is an answer...

Just got a new Vista64 system, replacing an older system, I hook up my HP
and Canon printer.
Several other computers in the house share files and use these printers.

The file sharing is fine.

The Canon can be used as a network printer by other systems.

The HP works locally but gives driver errors on machines (XP Professional)
that used to work fine.

Now, how about a resolution....??

Please

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <jack@discussiongroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> From which application you are trying to print?
> The first level of choice comes from within the application, and depends
> on how it is set to handle files.
> If the application is Not set correctly it does not even get to the point
> of looking for your printers.
> As for Vista Printer Sharing see this. Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> If the printers are stand alone Network Printer follow carefully their
> manuals instructions concerning installation on a network.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "eva" <eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a new vista computer and an HP printer...
>> i have installed the Printer HP laser Jet 1018
>> i also have installed the dymo label writer for postage...
>> when i want to print a jpeg or any picture i am not able to print it
>> directly it saves it as a xps
>> and then shows that as the default printer
>> but i have the hp printer set as my default...
>> i just want to be able to print pictures from my computer
>> Help

David B.

Re: printing troubles
Talk to HP, their drivers are bloated crap.

--

----