You're A Genius!

Richard Conway

You're A Genius!
Thank you SO much Vicky!

I know I'm someone COMPELTELY out of the blue - and I had to register just to say this - but you're a genius!

I had problems sharing my external hard drive for some unknown reason and couldn't pin-point it until I figured out why my file sharing was set to "Custom" and not "On".

After starting the "Workstation" service, I was able to see everything on my network in a flash!

All that effort and it was one stupid small thing...typical.

Thank you so much again

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Gordon

Re: You're A Genius!
"Richard Conway" wrote in message news:200915185023wickdaman@hotmail.com...
> Thank you SO much Vicky!
>
> I know I'm someone COMPELTELY out of the blue - and I had to register just
> to say this - but you're a genius!
>
> I had problems sharing my external hard drive for some unknown reason and
> couldn't pin-point it until I figured out why my file sharing was set to
> "Custom" and not "On".
>
> After starting the "Workstation" service, I was able to see everything on
> my network in a flash!
>
> All that effort and it was one stupid small thing...typical.
>
> Thank you so much again
>
> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted and mailed

To whom are you talking and about what?
The "forum" that you are posting in leaches off the Microsoft News servers
in order to make it look far busier than it really is. Everyone who uses the
MS News servers sees your post on it's own - we have NO IDEA what you are
talking about and to whom you are talking.

This is not your fault - the fault lies with the forum owners who do not
explain to members that their posts end up on global Usenet newsgroups.
If you MUST continue to post in this "forum" then please at least quote the
post you are replying to, and do NOT change the subject line.

You would be far better off however, using a news reader and subscribing to
these news groups direct.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Thank you

--
Asking a question?