Problem with Cisco VPN+PPPoE+Vista

venkatakm is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem with Cisco VPN+PPPoE+Vista
Hi,

I recently started using Vista. Cisco VPN used to work for me on my wireless broadband connection. But when I tried to connect to VPN using my dial up connection. I was not able to connect to it.

There is no error from the VPN connection. But I can't access my VPN network systems nor the regular internet. Are there any known problems in this particular setup. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Venkata
Kerry Brown

Re: Problem with Cisco VPN+PPPoE+Vista
"venkatakm" <venkatakm.3lj8oc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I recently started using Vista. Cisco VPN used to work for me on my
> wireless broadband connection. But when I tried to connect to VPN using
> my dial up connection. I was not able to connect to it.
>
> There is no error from the VPN connection. But I can't access my VPN
> network systems nor the regular internet. Are there any known problems
> in this particular setup. Please let me know.

Your question is a little confusing. Do you mean that the VPN client worked
with Vista when using a wireless connection but doesn't work with a dial up
connection? Are you also saying that with the dial up connection you can't
access the Internet at all? If that is the case then until you get the
Internet working the VPN client won't work. Can you provide some more
details?

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

venkatakm is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with Cisco VPN+PPPoE+Vista
Sorry for a little confusion.

yes, vpn client worked when using wireless broadband connection and failed when using pppoe connection from the same laptop both in Vista.

With PPPoE I can access internet. But once I try to login to the VPN iinternet stops working.

There is no route to the VPN DNS server.

Thanks,
Venkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Brown View Post
"venkatakm" <venkatakm.3lj8oc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I recently started using Vista. Cisco VPN used to work for me on my
> wireless broadband connection. But when I tried to connect to VPN using
> my dial up connection. I was not able to connect to it.
>
> There is no error from the VPN connection. But I can't access my VPN
> network systems nor the regular internet. Are there any known problems
> in this particular setup. Please let me know.

Your question is a little confusing. Do you mean that the VPN client worked
with Vista when using a wireless connection but doesn't work with a dial up
connection? Are you also saying that with the dial up connection you can't
access the Internet at all? If that is the case then until you get the
Internet working the VPN client won't work. Can you provide some more
details?

--
Kerry Brown
VistaHelp.ca &bull; Index page