Dont know if this will help-FiOS Wireless

KHogle

Dont know if this will help-FiOS Wireless
So, I contacted the Actionec MI424WR manufactorer. This was because I could
not get the wireless router to stay connected to my Lapotop for more than 5
minutes. No mattter what I did. So, I was told that, since my router was
upstairs that it prolly wouldn't work because of the radio frequencies and
some other stuff about physics I really dont want to get into. So, after
being annoyed, then thankful that they were at least honest and not
condescending like the support from Verizon, some didnt even know about
FiOS, go figure. So, after having spent time here and on the internet, and a
huge waste of time with Verizon (un)support, I had Verizon send me another
router, broke out my trusty Lynksys WRT160N, set everything up (in under 20
minutes, much faster then the hours long phone support, where all I ever
really did was restart my router and computers). Now I have no problems at
all, so far. So, if you are having problems connecting Vista laptops to XP
desktops, try a separate wireless router with good signal strength,
preferably MiMo if you can.

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative
oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the
impeachment of the current President

+Bob+

Re: Dont know if this will help-FiOS Wireless
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 19:27:25 -0500, "KHogle" <khogle@gmail.com> wrote:

>So, I contacted the Actionec MI424WR manufactorer. This was because I could
>not get the wireless router to stay connected to my Lapotop for more than 5
>minutes. No mattter what I did. So, I was told that, since my router was
>upstairs that it prolly wouldn't work because of the radio frequencies and
>some other stuff about physics I really dont want to get into. So, after
>being annoyed, then thankful that they were at least honest and not
>condescending like the support from Verizon, some didnt even know about
>FiOS, go figure. So, after having spent time here and on the internet, and a
>huge waste of time with Verizon (un)support, I had Verizon send me another
>router, broke out my trusty Lynksys WRT160N, set everything up (in under 20
>minutes, much faster then the hours long phone support, where all I ever
>really did was restart my router and computers). Now I have no problems at
>all, so far. So, if you are having problems connecting Vista laptops to XP
>desktops, try a separate wireless router with good signal strength,
>preferably MiMo if you can.

The ActionWreck is known for it's wireless dying or behaving
erratically. It doesn't usually take that long to get them to send you
a new one.

Personally, I use my Linksys behind the Actionwreck. All my wireless
is through the Linksys. That way all the Actiontech does is interact
with the TV STB's and act as a pass through for the traffic. There's
also a firewall between me and Verizon which makes me feel a bit
safer.
KHogle

Re: Dont know if this will help-FiOS Wireless
Thanks for the information. I will try this type of setup next time I need
to reconfigure my routers.