Unable to connect to another vista machine

kingofsuicide

Unable to connect to another vista machine

Hello Everyone,

I have one vista desktop (home premium) and one XP pro desktop, and one
vist laptop (home basic connected wireless). The 2 desktops can see
each other and share files and printers between the them but when i try
to connect with the laptop so that i can print and share files I get the
following error:

" DAN is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the admin to find out if you have permission.

The specified network provider name is invalid. "

Also the laptop cannot see the xp machine in the network map. all
machines have the same account with the same password. Any help i could
get would be appriciated.

Some steps i have tried were to turn the firewalls off, double and
triple checked the file and sharing, tried with shared password on and
off, nothing is helping

thanx in advance

Dan

--
kingofsuicide
kingofsuicide's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/kingofsuicide.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to connect to another vista machine
Can ping the other desktop by name? Also do you have 3rd party security
software? Or this search result may help.
Vista...is not accessible
Vista...is not accessible. Can't access Vista C drive · Solved: Can
ping Vista but access · Is not accessible because of Norton Internet
Security ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistanotaccessible.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE