Small Blue Ball on Network Icon

denmarfl

Small Blue Ball on Network Icon
I am courtious as to why sometimes my Network Icon (the two Monitors) in the
Right hand Taskbar displays a Small Blue Ball. What is the significants of
that blue ball...what is it indicating?
Grand_Poobah

Re: Small Blue Ball on Network Icon
--->
> I am courtious as to why sometimes my Network Icon (the two Monitors) in the
> Right hand Taskbar displays a Small Blue Ball. What is the significants of
> that blue ball...what is it indicating?

It is indicating that you are connected to "the small blue ball" I. E.
"The World" otherwise known as the Internet.

GP
denmarfl

RE: Small Blue Ball on Network Icon
So if you being straight with me, why than sometimes, even though I am on the
Internet the Network Icon is displayed without the Blue Ball????

"denmarfl" wrote:

> I am courtious as to why sometimes my Network Icon (the two Monitors) in the
> Right hand Taskbar displays a Small Blue Ball. What is the significants of
> that blue ball...what is it indicating?

Grand_Poobah

Re: Small Blue Ball on Network Icon
I am. I was being a bit of a smarty, but my answer remains the same.
My Vista laptop will sometimes lose the 'blue ball' also, but only when
it animates showing traffic. My computer sometimes will also tell me
"You are not connected to a network" but I can still go to web pages ON
the Internet. So far, Vista has shown me to be a bit flakey in pretty
much any area at least once a day. If the 'blue ball' is all the
problems you are having I'd say you have a really great computer and to
enjoy it.

GP

--->
> So if you being straight with me, why than sometimes, even though I am on the
> Internet the Network Icon is displayed without the Blue Ball????
>
> "denmarfl" wrote:
>
>> I am courtious as to why sometimes my Network Icon (the two Monitors) in the
>> Right hand Taskbar displays a Small Blue Ball. What is the significants of
>> that blue ball...what is it indicating?

Jack \(MS, MVP-Networking\)

Re: Small Blue Ball on Network Icon
Hi
Two little monitors = Local Network connection On.
Two little monitors and red x = No Network connection.
Two little monitors and a little ball = Network connection and Internet
connection On.
None of us is sitting on the Internet, we connect to he Internet and when we
log to a site the computer downloads the site's page and its graphics to the
hard drive The browser then assembles the files to the screen, I.e. when you
are busy reading a page if the Internet connection is lost for few seconds
you still see the page on the screen.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)