Vista ad hoc network problem

LeoComputer

Vista ad hoc network problem
Main PC connects to Internet - OK

New laptop, trying to connect to internet via ad hoc arrangement with
network set up on PC
Both machines are running Vista Home Premium. Both have wireless cards..
Follow instructions and can connect to the main PC and access Public folders
and folders where sharing is enabled but cannot connect to internet.
Allow Other Users to Connect..etc. is ticked.
Tried with both firewalls disabled but it will not allow the laptop to
connect to the Internet.

Any ideas?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Vista ad hoc network problem
HI
When sharing an Internet computer between few computers there is a need for
Routing arrangement of the Internet source.
The best solution is to buy a Wireless Cable/DSL Router and configure a
small wire/wireless Local Network.
Usually looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Otherwise sharing has to be done by using a software Router that is included
with Windows OS' (aka ICS).
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b14771033.mspx
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"LeoComputer" <rgs@gmx.com> wrote in message
> Main PC connects to Internet - OK
>
> New laptop, trying to connect to internet via ad hoc arrangement with
> network set up on PC
> Both machines are running Vista Home Premium. Both have wireless cards..
> Follow instructions and can connect to the main PC and access Public
> folders and folders where sharing is enabled but cannot connect to
> internet.
> Allow Other Users to Connect..etc. is ticked.
> Tried with both firewalls disabled but it will not allow the laptop to
> connect to the Internet.
>
> Any ideas?

LeoComputer

Re: Vista ad hoc network problem
The microsoft help with using ICS on an ad hoc network is what I have
followed, (several times!), but although I can access folders on the main
machine I can't access the Internet.
Bob