Remote Desktop Q

Seanie

Remote Desktop Q
How (is) it possible to re-boot a Vista PC remotely whilst connected
via Remote Desktop. On Win XP I used to Ctrl + Alt + End, but it
doesn't give me the option on Vista. Can it be done?

Also is it possible (it wasn't on Win XP), to re-log on the user
automically after you disconnect a session of Remote Desktop?

Thanks

David B.

Re: Remote Desktop Q
Have you tried using the shutdown command? Type shutdown /? at a command
prompt for help.

--

----
Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

"Seanie" <seanryanie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> How (is) it possible to re-boot a Vista PC remotely whilst connected
> via Remote Desktop. On Win XP I used to Ctrl + Alt + End, but it
> doesn't give me the option on Vista. Can it be done?
>
> Also is it possible (it wasn't on Win XP), to re-log on the user
> automically after you disconnect a session of Remote Desktop?
>
> Thanks

Seanie

Re: Remote Desktop Q
On Dec 29, 6:24*pm, "David B." <m...@nomail.net> wrote:
> Have you tried using the shutdown command? Type shutdown /? at a command
> prompt for help.

I haven't to be honest, is that the only way it can be done?

David B.

Re: Remote Desktop Q
Not sure, but that's the first option that popped into my head, perhaps a
Google search will uncover other options.

--

----

On Dec 29, 6:24 pm, "David B." <m...@nomail.net> wrote:
> Have you tried using the shutdown command? Type shutdown /? at a command
> prompt for help.

I haven't to be honest, is that the only way it can be done?

Dave

Re: Remote Desktop Q
Can't you just click on Start, then select Shutdown?

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP2 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Seanie" <seanryanie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Dec 29, 6:24 pm, "David B." <m...@nomail.net> wrote:
>> Have you tried using the shutdown command? Type shutdown /? at a command
>> prompt for help.

> I haven't to be honest, is that the only way it can be done?

Seanie

Re: Remote Desktop Q
>Can't you just click on Start, then select Shutdown?

When you connect via RD you can only log-off. As I detailed above
under Win XP you could Ctrl + Alt + End, that brings up Task Manager
and you selected "restart"

Seanie

Re: Remote Desktop Q
Aah a Google reveals the following:-

Still nothing on auto logging back in the original user (without
rebooting of course)

If you are using Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a Vista
workstation, you will find that the options to Shutdown, Restart and
Sleep are missing from the Start Menu. Unfortunately, there is no easy
way to get it back into the menu. You can, however, still activate the
function easily via the following ways:

1) Run the command shutdown.exe on the command line. Note that the
program supports only shutdown (-s) and restart (-r); it doesn't do
stand-by or hibernate. Also, it requires you to have administrator
privileges. If you are a limited user with shutdown privileges, the
shutdown.exe program will complain.

2) Use the Ctrl+Alt+End hotkey (It's the Remote Desktop version of Ctrl
+Alt+Del). This will bring up the full screen menu. Click on the red
button near the bottom right and you will get the options to Shutdown,
Restart and Sleep!

Iria

Re: Remote Desktop Q
hello
Can you hel me with a problem in my computer

"Dave" wrote:

> Can't you just click on Start, then select Shutdown?
>

> --
> Vista Home Premium 32 SP2 beta
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Seanie" <seanryanie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > On Dec 29, 6:24 pm, "David B." <m...@nomail.net> wrote:
> >> Have you tried using the shutdown command? Type shutdown /? at a command
> >> prompt for help.

> > I haven't to be honest, is that the only way it can be done?

David B.

Re: Remote Desktop Q
To get help with a problem make a new post of your own, asking a non related
question in someone else's post is called hijacking and is frowned upon.
When you post you don't need to ask if we can help, that is the purpose of
this forum.
Read other posts to determine how to post, read the links in my signature,
use a descriptive subject and provide as much info as possible about the
problem.

--

----