Can't create VPN connection in Vista

Dennis

Can't create VPN connection in Vista
I'm trying to create a VPN-connection but it does not work. I follow all the
normal steps stated in our manual:

http://www.eur.nl/fileadmin/ASSETS/e...N_Vista_EN.pdf

Only the wizard stops at the page 7 step. It just says: The wizard cannot
make a connection. And if I try to just save it without making a connection
it also does not work. It if I try to click find the problem, it just does
not do anything.
I've tried it on another pc, where it did work. So the problem cannot be the
router or network or data. Also my firewall is not the problem.
And the curious thing is, that I have installed it before but just from one
day to the other the VPN-connection was gone.

I hope someone can help me!
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can't create VPN connection in Vista
For troubleshooting, Try clean boot first and then create the VPN. Can you
do it?
Windows general
How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
Start ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a VPN-connection but it does not work. I follow all
> the
> normal steps stated in our manual:
>
> http://www.eur.nl/fileadmin/ASSETS/e...N_Vista_EN.pdf
>
> Only the wizard stops at the page 7 step. It just says: The wizard cannot
> make a connection. And if I try to just save it without making a
> connection
> it also does not work. It if I try to click find the problem, it just does
> not do anything.
> I've tried it on another pc, where it did work. So the problem cannot be
> the
> router or network or data. Also my firewall is not the problem.
> And the curious thing is, that I have installed it before but just from
> one
> day to the other the VPN-connection was gone.
>
> I hope someone can help me!

Dennis

Re: Can't create VPN connection in Vista
Also with a clean boot, I cannot create a VPN connection. Still the same
problem.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> For troubleshooting, Try clean boot first and then create the VPN. Can you
> do it?
> Windows general
> How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
> with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
> Start ...
> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create a VPN-connection but it does not work. I follow all
> > the
> > normal steps stated in our manual:
> >
> > http://www.eur.nl/fileadmin/ASSETS/e...N_Vista_EN.pdf
> >
> > Only the wizard stops at the page 7 step. It just says: The wizard cannot
> > make a connection. And if I try to just save it without making a
> > connection
> > it also does not work. It if I try to click find the problem, it just does
> > not do anything.
> > I've tried it on another pc, where it did work. So the problem cannot be
> > the
> > router or network or data. Also my firewall is not the problem.
> > And the curious thing is, that I have installed it before but just from
> > one
> > day to the other the VPN-connection was gone.
> >
> > I hope someone can help me!

pebblechamp

Re: Can't create VPN connection in Vista

I am also having the same problem with a clean install of Windows Vista
Ultimate. Were you or anyone else able to get this fixed? Thanks.

--
pebblechamp
pebblechamp's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/128190.htm

http://forums.techarena.in