Laptop Stuck Up

raven120461

Laptop Stuck Up

Hi! Just wonder why my laptop running with vista home premium got
stucked up when i'm connecting to network thru cable for internet
connection but if thru wifi there's no problem. It's five days when i'm
using cable it's about 6 to 8 times it got stucked up then i'll just
mannualy shut it off and re-start. But one day I decided to connect
using wifi and the problem has gone my laptop works perfectly. But
yesterday I got a new network cable (because i'm thinking that there's a
problem with the other cable) and connect using that but again the stuck
up problem occurred. Can somebody point out what's the problem with my
connection?

--
raven120461
raven120461's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/raven120461.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Grand_Poobah

Re: Laptop Stuck Up
--->
> Hi! Just wonder why my laptop running with vista home premium got
> stucked up when i'm connecting to network thru cable for internet
> connection but if thru wifi there's no problem. It's five days when i'm
> using cable it's about 6 to 8 times it got stucked up then i'll just
> mannualy shut it off and re-start. But one day I decided to connect
> using wifi and the problem has gone my laptop works perfectly. But
> yesterday I got a new network cable (because i'm thinking that there's a
> problem with the other cable) and connect using that but again the stuck
> up problem occurred. Can somebody point out what's the problem with my
> connection?

Hi Raven. I know it is no help, but my Vista laptop does exactly the
same thing. If I turn off the wireless transponder and plug in the
CAT-5 cable, Vista will hem and haw for a bit and then tell me it can't
'find any networks'. The Networking Connections panel is of no help
because you can't get to the Properties for the connection and change
any of the service binding (like adding a static IP).

Every time I reboot the network will come up just fine BUT it takes the
name of my wireless transmission system as the name of the connection.

Maybe somebody can explain this to us.

GP
+Bob+

Re: Laptop Stuck Up
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:47:26 -0500, Grand_Poobah
<whatever@yaddayadda.kom> wrote:

>Hi Raven. I know it is no help, but my Vista laptop does exactly the
>same thing. If I turn off the wireless transponder and plug in the
>CAT-5 cable, Vista will hem and haw for a bit and then tell me it can't
>'find any networks'. The Networking Connections panel is of no help
>because you can't get to the Properties for the connection and change
>any of the service binding (like adding a static IP).
>
>Every time I reboot the network will come up just fine BUT it takes the
>name of my wireless transmission system as the name of the connection.
>
>Maybe somebody can explain this to us.

Vista does NOT change connections (wireless to wired) very well. It
works a little better if you keep the wired adaptor disabled. When you
want to use it, disable the wireless, install the cable, enable the
wired connection. You will also likely need to do an "ipconfig/renew"
at a command prompt. Some systems seem to require a reboot too.
Reverse process to go back to the wired connection.

raven120461

Re: Laptop Stuck Up

hey bob,
thanks man. i tried as what you've instructed and i think it's ok now.
thanks again ur great!

--
raven120461
raven120461's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/raven120461.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1094145.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

+Bob+

Re: Laptop Stuck Up
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:58:00 +0530, raven120461
<raven120461.3lqtvb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>hey bob,
>thanks man. i tried as what you've instructed and i think it's ok now.
>thanks again ur great!

Glad I could help.
raven120461

Re: Laptop Stuck Up

sorry bob, after an hour it got stucked up again am really upset what's
happening to my laptop. now i shifted to wireless connection and my
laptop's working fine til now. i just wonder what's wrong why it got
stucked up when i'm connected to cable, appreciate very much if anybody
can help.