cannot communicate with DNS server

raven120461

cannot communicate with DNS server

Hi to all. Merry Christmas! I'm a newbie here and need ur help
regarding my internet connection which is becoming slow lately. I
checked my wireless network connection status and the connection speed
is only 54.0 Mbps but i think it was 100 Mbps. I clicked diagnose and a
message says -
"cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network
diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response." How
this problem occurred? Is this an ISP problem or a setting error in my
router? Need ur help really. Regards.

--
raven120461
raven120461's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/raven120461.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Malke

Re: cannot communicate with DNS server
raven120461 wrote:

(snip multipost)

Asked and answered in the other newsgroup to which you posted. Please don't
multipost; it makes more work for everyone and will get you *less* help,
not more. See this for why:

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting

If you have forgotten where you posted or can't find your post, use Google
Groups Advanced Search and search for your name.

For brevity's sake: yes, call your ISP.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: cannot communicate with DNS server
How do you setup the DNS? Hope you don't use 212.93.192.13 as DNS server.
Posting the result of ipconfig /all here may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"raven120461" <raven120461.3l0wjd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi to all. Merry Christmas! I'm a newbie here and need ur help
> regarding my internet connection which is becoming slow lately. I
> checked my wireless network connection status and the connection speed
> is only 54.0 Mbps but i think it was 100 Mbps. I clicked diagnose and a
> message says -
> "cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network
> diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response." How
> this problem occurred? Is this an ISP problem or a setting error in my
> router? Need ur help really. Regards.
>

> --
> raven120461
> raven120461's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/raven120461.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1093382.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Kerry Brown

Re: cannot communicate with DNS server
If you didn't manually set that IP address as your DNS server you may be
infected with malware that has changed the DNS settings on your computer or
possibly your router. That IP address is registered to a computer in Saudi
Arabia. Did you type the IP address correctly?

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"raven120461" <raven120461.3l0wjd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi to all. Merry Christmas! I'm a newbie here and need ur help
> regarding my internet connection which is becoming slow lately. I
> checked my wireless network connection status and the connection speed
> is only 54.0 Mbps but i think it was 100 Mbps. I clicked diagnose and a
> message says -
> "cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network
> diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response." How
> this problem occurred? Is this an ISP problem or a setting error in my
> router? Need ur help really. Regards.
>

> --
> raven120461
> raven120461's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/raven120461.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1093382.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

cruz666

Re: cannot communicate with DNS server

. I clicked diagnose and a message says-
cannot communicate with DNS server (64.38.79.250)
how can i fix it?

--
cruz666
cruz666's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99172.htm

cruz666 wrote:

> . I clicked diagnose and a message says-
> cannot communicate with DNS server (64.38.79.250)
> how can i fix it?

Your post is too light on details to get focused help. See the end of my
reply for a better way to post. In the meantime, your computer is set to
get DNS from this organization:

rgName: Curatel, LLC
OrgID: CURAT
Address: 1605 W. Olympic Boulevard
Address: Suite 800
City: Los Angeles
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 90015
Country: US

NetRange: 64.38.64.0 - 64.38.95.255
CIDR: 64.38.64.0/19
OriginAS: AS11433
NetName: CURAT
NetHandle: NET-64-38-64-0-1
Parent: NET-64-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
Comment:
RegDate: 2008-02-11
Updated: 2008-08-26

If this is your company and the computer is part of a domain, contact your
IT Dept. If this is a standalone computer, set your computer to obtain and
IP address and DNS automatically.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b11e21033.mspx

While you're there, disable IPv6 too.

If you need more help:

You are not posting on a real forum as you think you are and you didn't
quote any of the thread to which you are replying. You are using a web
interface that leeches Usenet posts and most of the rest of us are using
real newsreaders. We don't see what you do. If you want to participate in
Usenet, the better way is to set up a newsreader. This is very easy to do
and I'll give you information about that below. If you prefer to use a
forum, then here are two excellent ones:

http://forum.aumha.org/index.php
http://http://computerhaven.info/

Since you are using a web interface, you may not realize that this is really
a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you learn to use
a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use
Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you already have it.
Here are some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief explanation
of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is working
properly
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting

Other Newsreaders for Windows:
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php - Forte
http://www.mozilla.org - Thunderbird

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Patrick Keenan

"cruz666" <cruz666.3scy3d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I clicked diagnose and a message says-
> cannot communicate with DNS server (64.38.79.250)
> how can i fix it?

Do you have the network card settings set to automatic or fixed?