Vista Home Remote Desktop disconnects in 4 minutes

nduhon

Vista Home Remote Desktop disconnects in 4 minutes

I just bought a new Dell PC with Vista Home edition. I use Watchguard
VPN client to connect to remote office and then use Remote Desktop
client to connect to Windows Terminal Server system. Vista RD client
connects to remote Windows Terminal Server system and works for exactly
4 minutes. Vista RD client then disconnects with or without activity.
VPN client stays connected. Same Watchguard VPN client and RD client
applet on Windows XP Home system connects to Windows TS and stays
connected all day. Sniffer trace shows Windows Terminal Server system
stops responding to Vista RD client and then Vista RD client issue TCP
RST. Vista Home RD client will connect and stay connected to laptop
running Windows XP Professional connected to same network. i.e no VPN
connection. Ran Windows XP RD client executable (mstsc.exe) on Vista
Home PC with no change in timeout/disconnect.

--
nduhon
nduhon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/nduhon.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Home Remote Desktop disconnects in 4 minutes
We found some router firmware works for XP but Vista. You may try to install
the last firmware. Also this search result may help too.

Vista VPN disconnects after a few minutes error 829
few minutes error 829, Reply with quote ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...5321c a190c26

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net