Lexmark 4270 Vista Drivers

KHogle

Lexmark 4270 Vista Drivers
I have 2 PC's. A desktop running windows XP SP2 32-bit and a Laptop Toshiba,
x305 series. I have set up a network with a Lynksys WRT610N. Great router.
So, the network shows up fine. Can access folders. But attempting to print
has all but driven me insane. I know that I need drivers for each of the
comps, but when I try to connect to the printer from my Vista PC, I gat
amessage that states I cant access the printer because the system is set to
block NT 4.0, or something like that. So, I cannot print, no matter how I
try to configure the drivers. So, should I add all the drivers to the XP
comp in the print sharing portion that asks for more drivers or should I
just not be able to print from the Vista. In other words, pleaqse help, I
would reaaly like the convenience of printing from the Laptop.
NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative
oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the
impeachment of the current President

Mick Murphy

RE: Lexmark 4270 Vista Drivers
You have to have compatible Printer Drivers installed in each operating System.
Vista>Vista Printer drivers; XP> XP printer Drivers
--
Mad Mike

"KHogle" wrote:

> I have 2 PC's. A desktop running windows XP SP2 32-bit and a Laptop Toshiba,
> x305 series. I have set up a network with a Lynksys WRT610N. Great router.
> So, the network shows up fine. Can access folders. But attempting to print
> has all but driven me insane. I know that I need drivers for each of the
> comps, but when I try to connect to the printer from my Vista PC, I gat
> amessage that states I cant access the printer because the system is set to
> block NT 4.0, or something like that. So, I cannot print, no matter how I
> try to configure the drivers. So, should I add all the drivers to the XP
> comp in the print sharing portion that asks for more drivers or should I
> just not be able to print from the Vista. In other words, pleaqse help, I
> would reaaly like the convenience of printing from the Laptop.
> NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
> may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
> without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative
> oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the
> impeachment of the current President

KHogle

Re: Lexmark 4270 Vista Drivers
OK, have done this, but now, the print job starts and just when it reaches
the end, it stops and hangs, never restarts, feeder never pushes page out,
and can't clear the print job in the que. It just stays there. Even when
open active printers are clear, a 1 stays with the icon in printers and
faxes folder on the XP machine.

> You have to have compatible Printer Drivers installed in each operating
> System.
> Vista>Vista Printer drivers; XP> XP printer Drivers
> --
> Mad Mike
>

> "KHogle" wrote:
>
>> I have 2 PC's. A desktop running windows XP SP2 32-bit and a Laptop
>> Toshiba,
>> x305 series. I have set up a network with a Lynksys WRT610N. Great
>> router.
>> So, the network shows up fine. Can access folders. But attempting to
>> print
>> has all but driven me insane. I know that I need drivers for each of the
>> comps, but when I try to connect to the printer from my Vista PC, I gat
>> amessage that states I cant access the printer because the system is set
>> block NT 4.0, or something like that. So, I cannot print, no matter how I
>> try to configure the drivers. So, should I add all the drivers to the XP
>> comp in the print sharing portion that asks for more drivers or should I
>> just not be able to print from the Vista. In other words, pleaqse help, I
>> would reaaly like the convenience of printing from the Laptop.
>> NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security
>> Agency
>> may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and
>> certainly
>> without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or
>> legislative
>> oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the
>> impeachment of the current President

KHogle

Re: Lexmark 4270 Vista Drivers
Actually figured out the problem. LiveOnecare. Apparently it does not play
well between windows versions. Noe have Norton 360, and even though I am not
a big fan, it works well.