No Internet Connection

ampthetex

No Internet Connection

Hi, Ive got a Sony Vaio laptop, and running vista home basic, it was
connected to my home hub (wireless unit), and then these last 4-5 days
it will not connect to the internet at all?, Not even via the RJ45
cable. I know its not the router as the other laptop works on it, Ive
even reset the hub, Ive taken the laptop to a friends, its sees the
connections, connects, but doesnt pull any internet through ?, Ive tried
enabling and disabling the wireless, connecting direct to the box,
unticking the ipv6, and still no joy. Can anyone think what it could be
?, as its become puzzling now. The other Vista laptop works fine,
connects no problem, but this one all of a sudden just doesnt want to
display internet pages.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

--
ampthetex
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: No Internet Connection
Hi
Seeing a connection does not mean that you actually a valid connection.
I do not think it is an Internet problem, your computer probably can not
connect to the Router.
It is easy to start the evaluation with the wire connection.
This page was written for WinXP but the principle can be used for Vista.
http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)