iam not very great with computers please help

andreipatron

iam not very great with computers please help
i recently got myself a new laptop and i play alot of xbox online, i took the
ether net cable out of the xbox and put it in the laptop to connect to the
net.

now i tried to put the cable back in the xbox and i cannot connect to xbox
live when i do the xbox connection test it tells me that its wired but i
cannot connect beacuse:

your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server. make sure
that addreses are available on your server.
please confirm that there are no other devices on your network with the same
IP address.
if you are using a router or gateway please vertify that it is configuerd to
assign IP addresses to network device (DHCP ENABLED)

please can someone help?

Mr GRiM

Re: iam not very great with computers please help

You could try to reset the router and see if that helps.

--
Mr GRiM

'[image: http://valid.x86-secret.com/cache/banner/423964.png]'
(http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=423964)
::*If you feel I have helped, tip the scales! Thank You!*::

Mr GRiM wrote:
>andreipatron;912870 Wrote:
>> i recently got myself a new laptop and i play alot of xbox online, i
>> took the

>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>>
>> please can someone help?

>You could try to reset the router and see if that helps.
>
>::*If you feel I have helped, tip the scales! Thank You!*::

do you mean turning off the modem and then turning it back on. if so i have
tried that and its still not allowing me

Malke

andreipatron wrote:

> Mr GRiM wrote:
>>andreipatron;912870 Wrote:
>>> i recently got myself a new laptop and i play alot of xbox online, i
>>> took the

>>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>>>
>>> please can someone help?

>>You could try to reset the router and see if that helps.
>>
>>::*If you feel I have helped, tip the scales! Thank You!*::

> do you mean turning off the modem and then turning it back on. if so i
> have tried that and its still not allowing me

Purchase a router so you can share your Internet connection with all the
computers and devices (Xbox for ex.). Then your computer and your Xbox will
each have an ethernet cable connected to the router, which is connected to
your cable/DSL modem.

Malke
--
MS-MVP