Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

I want to disable Internet but keep Local lan

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
Tim Rude
 

Posts: n/a
I want to disable Internet but keep Local lan
I know ... this is the opposite of most posts.

Vista machine is currently networking both Local and Internet on same NIC.

I want to (temporarily) disable internet but still be able to do local
networking, and then to be able to turn internet back on later.

How?

--
Tim Rude

timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
Sorken
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I want to disable Internet but keep Local lan

"Tim Rude" <timrude@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ul7sC26XJHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I know ... this is the opposite of most posts.
>
> Vista machine is currently networking both Local and Internet on same NIC.
>
> I want to (temporarily) disable internet but still be able to do local
> networking, and then to be able to turn internet back on later.
>
> How?


Erase gateway from network adapter tcp/ip settings. That will prevent the
data from going out.

>
> --
> Tim Rude
>
> timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
> (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2008
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I want to disable Internet but keep Local lan
Hi
If you use a Router check its menus and see if there is a page with easy
check/uncheck to disable the WAN/Internet traffic.
If there is such a page, send a Short cut of this page to the Desktop, and
then when needed get with double click to that page and do what needs to be
done.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Sorken" <noone@nowhere.org> wrote in message
news:eCHdH%237XJHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "Tim Rude" <timrude@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ul7sC26XJHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I know ... this is the opposite of most posts.
>>
>> Vista machine is currently networking both Local and Internet on same
>> NIC.
>>
>> I want to (temporarily) disable internet but still be able to do local
>> networking, and then to be able to turn internet back on later.
>>
>> How?

>
> Erase gateway from network adapter tcp/ip settings. That will prevent the
> data from going out.
>
>>
>> --
>> Tim Rude
>>
>> timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
>> (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)
>>
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2008
Tom Dacon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: I want to disable Internet but keep Local lan
Unplug the WAN cable from the router.

Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

"Tim Rude" <timrude@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ul7sC26XJHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I know ... this is the opposite of most posts.
>
> Vista machine is currently networking both Local and Internet on same NIC.
>
> I want to (temporarily) disable internet but still be able to do local
> networking, and then to be able to turn internet back on later.
>
> How?
>
> --
> Tim Rude
>
> timrude@NOSPAM.hotmail.com
> (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)
>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local and Internet access, not Local Only amygravy Windows Vista Home Premium 0 05-07-2008 23:59
How to Disable IPV6 on Local host RayG microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 10-15-2007 17:11
Full Strength Local and Internet-put internet permenantely drops jkswiss microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 10-14-2007 20:22
how to disable uac using local security settings? william.hooper@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 16 09-08-2007 14:08
Enable or Disable Optimal Performance in Local Area Connection Pro jp microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 05-21-2007 23:30




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120