network hard drive

marty

network hard drive
hi , i have just added a network hard drive to my home network every thing
seems ok but i cannot download directly to the drive as far as i can tell
there are no special setup instructions after the initial "discovery
program"has been run the drive is a iomega 500gb network drive connected to a
belkin n1 vision wirless router
--
martyb
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: network hard drive
Hi
Most of these NAS' have a Web type menus that can be logged to via the
Internet browser in order to configure the drive for your Network (read the
NAS manual. Once configured you should be able to Map the NAS or its folders
as Drives. You can download to it as a storage, i.e your computer does the
Download but stores the files on the Network Drive.
If you can not map the drive than your setting is Not correct, or the drive
is incompatible with your Network.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"marty" <marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi , i have just added a network hard drive to my home network every thing
> seems ok but i cannot download directly to the drive as far as i can tell
> there are no special setup instructions after the initial "discovery
> program"has been run the drive is a iomega 500gb network drive connected
> to a
> belkin n1 vision wirless router
> --
> martyb

marty

Re: network hard drive
thanks for responding when you say "map the network drive" is this done when
i open computer >map network drive if so what do i put in the folders box
because i tried to do this earlier and all it did was open the folders i had
moved from my laptop i can move files and folders to it fine also open them
just cant download
--
martyb

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Most of these NAS' have a Web type menus that can be logged to via the
> Internet browser in order to configure the drive for your Network (read the
> NAS manual. Once configured you should be able to Map the NAS or its folders
> as Drives. You can download to it as a storage, i.e your computer does the
> Download but stores the files on the Network Drive.
> If you can not map the drive than your setting is Not correct, or the drive
> is incompatible with your Network.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "marty" <marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi , i have just added a network hard drive to my home network every thing
> > seems ok but i cannot download directly to the drive as far as i can tell
> > there are no special setup instructions after the initial "discovery
> > program"has been run the drive is a iomega 500gb network drive connected
> > to a
> > belkin n1 vision wirless router
> > --
> > martyb

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: network hard drive
Hi
Depending on which browser you use. When you download use the browser's
capacity to Save to a folder of your choice and save it to a mapped folder
on the NAS.

> thanks for responding when you say "map the network drive" is this done
> when
> i open computer >map network drive if so what do i put in the folders box
> because i tried to do this earlier and all it did was open the folders i
> had
> moved from my laptop i can move files and folders to it fine also open
> them
> just cant download
> --
> martyb
>

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Most of these NAS' have a Web type menus that can be logged to via the
>> Internet browser in order to configure the drive for your Network (read
>> the
>> NAS manual. Once configured you should be able to Map the NAS or its
>> folders
>> as Drives. You can download to it as a storage, i.e your computer does
>> the
>> Download but stores the files on the Network Drive.
>> If you can not map the drive than your setting is Not correct, or the
>> drive
>> is incompatible with your Network.
>> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>>
>> "marty" <marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi , i have just added a network hard drive to my home network every
>> > thing
>> > seems ok but i cannot download directly to the drive as far as i can
>> > tell
>> > there are no special setup instructions after the initial "discovery
>> > program"has been run the drive is a iomega 500gb network drive
>> > connected
>> > to a
>> > belkin n1 vision wirless router
>> > --
>> > martyb

marty

Re: network hard drive
hi i have just posted a general reply (re network hard drive)detailing
results can you read it and give your opinion on my fix thanks
--
martyb