Couldnt get Skype to work on Vista

Jimmy Hsu

Couldnt get Skype to work on Vista
I had been using Skype with no problems under Win XP.

Recently, I upgraded to Vista via a clean installation i.e. completely
reformatting my hard disk and installing Vista Home Premium.
I then reinstalled Skype. To my surprise, when I clicked the Skype dial
button, there was no dialing sound at all. I have checked that my
microphone, speaker, settings are all switched on, and not muted.

Any advice. Many thanks

Malke

Re: Couldnt get Skype to work on Vista
Jimmy Hsu wrote:

> I had been using Skype with no problems under Win XP.
>
> Recently, I upgraded to Vista via a clean installation i.e. completely
> reformatting my hard disk and installing Vista Home Premium.
> I then reinstalled Skype. To my surprise, when I clicked the Skype dial
> button, there was no dialing sound at all. I have checked that my
> microphone, speaker, settings are all switched on, and not muted.

First, make sure you have the latest version of Skype installed. If you do
(or uninstalling/reinstalling the latest version doesn't help):

http://support.skype.com/en_US

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

GORDON

"Malke" wrote:

> Jimmy Hsu wrote:
>
> > I had been using Skype with no problems under Win XP.
> >
> > Recently, I upgraded to Vista via a clean installation i.e. completely
> > reformatting my hard disk and installing Vista Home Premium.
> > I then reinstalled Skype. To my surprise, when I clicked the Skype dial
> > button, there was no dialing sound at all. I have checked that my
> > microphone, speaker, settings are all switched on, and not muted.

> First, make sure you have the latest version of Skype installed. If you do
> (or uninstalling/reinstalling the latest version doesn't help):
>
> http://support.skype.com/en_US
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP