Networking: Peer to Peer Vista to XP difficulties - 3 PCs

Margy

Networking: Peer to Peer Vista to XP difficulties - 3 PCs
I am networking - peer to peer - 3 computers.
Toshiba Vista Home Premium notebook
Desktop Vista Business -
Desktop XP Pro - hosting printers and OMNi Account program. Also stores all
data and backup is done on this computer.

Vista notebook can see and read documents on all computers, prints and
accesses OMNi accounting program - does everthing I need it to do.

Desktop Vista Bus - prints and can access OMNI Accounting program - but will
not see other 2 computers under Network in Windows Explorer - so I cannot
access documents on notebook or XP Desktop

Desktop XP Pro - When I click on MSHOME I get following message: "MSHOME not
accessible. You might not have permission to use this networking recourse.
Contact the administrastor of this server to findout if you have access
permissions. The network parth was not found."

Any advise would be much appreciated. I have been doing Peer to Peer
networking for years and now suddenly I am having all these frustrating
problems. I am A+ qualified - not a networking expert at all - but have
usually coped well with peer to peer. Please help.
--
Margy - Pinetown, South Africa
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Networking: Peer to Peer Vista to XP difficulties - 3 PCs
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message
>I am networking - peer to peer - 3 computers.
> Toshiba Vista Home Premium notebook
> Desktop Vista Business -
> Desktop XP Pro - hosting printers and OMNi Account program. Also stores
> all
> data and backup is done on this computer.
>
> Vista notebook can see and read documents on all computers, prints and
> accesses OMNi accounting program - does everthing I need it to do.
>
> Desktop Vista Bus - prints and can access OMNI Accounting program - but
> will
> not see other 2 computers under Network in Windows Explorer - so I cannot
> access documents on notebook or XP Desktop
>
> Desktop XP Pro - When I click on MSHOME I get following message: "MSHOME
> not
> accessible. You might not have permission to use this networking recourse.
> Contact the administrastor of this server to findout if you have access
> permissions. The network parth was not found."
>
> Any advise would be much appreciated. I have been doing Peer to Peer
> networking for years and now suddenly I am having all these frustrating
> problems. I am A+ qualified - not a networking expert at all - but have
> usually coped well with peer to peer. Please help.
> --
> Margy - Pinetown, South Africa

Margy

Re: Networking: Peer to Peer Vista to XP difficulties - 3 PCs
Thanks so much for a quick reply. Really grateful. Will work through it and
let you know if I am sort my hassles out
--

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> allowed to be shared.
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> Windows XP File Sharing -
> Printer Sharing XP -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message
> >I am networking - peer to peer - 3 computers.
> > Toshiba Vista Home Premium notebook
> > Desktop Vista Business -
> > Desktop XP Pro - hosting printers and OMNi Account program. Also stores
> > all
> > data and backup is done on this computer.
> >
> > Vista notebook can see and read documents on all computers, prints and
> > accesses OMNi accounting program - does everthing I need it to do.
> >
> > Desktop Vista Bus - prints and can access OMNI Accounting program - but
> > will
> > not see other 2 computers under Network in Windows Explorer - so I cannot
> > access documents on notebook or XP Desktop
> >
> > Desktop XP Pro - When I click on MSHOME I get following message: "MSHOME
> > not
> > accessible. You might not have permission to use this networking recourse.
> > Contact the administrastor of this server to findout if you have access
> > permissions. The network parth was not found."
> >
> > Any advise would be much appreciated. I have been doing Peer to Peer
> > networking for years and now suddenly I am having all these frustrating
> > problems. I am A+ qualified - not a networking expert at all - but have
> > usually coped well with peer to peer. Please help.
> > --
> > Margy - Pinetown, South Africa

Margy

Re: Networking: Peer to Peer Vista to XP difficulties - 3 PCs
Hi Jack - I wanted to thank you so much for the information you gave me with
regards to networking. It was an enormous help both to fix my networking and
the network I had to do the next day. I so appreciate the advice and input. I
have printed and filed the information and it will serve me well for a long
while to come.