Re: Vista Security is Killing Me

[[Forwarded to Vista Networking & Security newsgroups via crosspost]]

Windows Live OneCare Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/windowso....aspx?siteid=2
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

royalbones wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium (32-bit) SP1 and Live One Care AV.
> I really like the new operating system but I really do not need and/or
> like all the security Vista hace forced on me. At I coule turn it off in
> XP.
>
> How can I get my 5 computers (3 on XP sp3, and 2 on (same as above)
> so that I can access files, via my home wireless network, freely using
> windows explorer like i can between my XP computers?
> Currently I have to logon with a user name and password ( I think I got
> passed this..)
> but now, for example, when I can see "documents" listed for the computer
> am trying to access and I click on it, It tells me I can't and suggests
> something about permissions, which I've checked and to my knowledge it
> looks
> like the permissions for "documents" is set to full control.....
>
> Anyway...
> i just read something suggesting Live One Care may be the problem...
> but I can't imagine that's all of it...
>
> Anybody as anti-security as I am?

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista Security is Killing Me
Have a read of the info below:

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
computer.

Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mad Mike