Network Speed

Robert Taubert

Network Speed
Have a problem with moving files between Vista Ultimate on a dual core
Toshiba laptop and Windows Home Server. To the best of my knowledge I have
all the latest driver installed in both. I am using a LinkSys (RealTec)
Network Adaptor model PCM1000. I have a 1GB network installed in my home.

Transfering files from Vista to WHS I get speed of just less than 2MB.
Tranfering files from WHS generally get speeds of at least 10MB.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?????
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network Speed
You may try to disable auto tuneing for the test. This search result may
help.

Vista Slow IssuesVista Slow Issues. Some solutions for slow copy. 1. Disable
the automatic adjustment (Auto Tuning) for the TCP window size on the
network. ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaslow.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Robert Taubert" <RobertTaubert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have a problem with moving files between Vista Ultimate on a dual core
> Toshiba laptop and Windows Home Server. To the best of my knowledge I
> have
> all the latest driver installed in both. I am using a LinkSys (RealTec)
> Network Adaptor model PCM1000. I have a 1GB network installed in my home.
>
> Transfering files from Vista to WHS I get speed of just less than 2MB.
> Tranfering files from WHS generally get speeds of at least 10MB.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?????

RCTaubert

Re: Network Speed
Thank you for your reply.

I tried what you suggested. I still get around 2MB FROM my laptop to WHS.
From WHS to my laptop was around 15 MB.

I have a network tester I used when I wired the house and ALL connections
tested out at 1GB so for now I am assuming that is not where the problem
lies. But, I am open to ANY suggestions.