Cannot copy files from another computer

Ceros

Cannot copy files from another computer

Hi, for several months I have used Norton anti-virus because it came
with the computer, now the license expired and I uninstalled it. I
allways copied from and to a windows xp computer in my network, and now,
since i uninstalled norton, my Vista laptop doesn't allow me to copy
files from the xp computer. But it allows it in certain folders, just
some it gives an error. the error is this one:[image:
http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormz6.jpg]

--
Ceros
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cannot copy files from another computer
You may want to download Norton removal tool. This post may help.
How to remove a failed ...
You can download the Norton Removal Tool to remove a failed
installation or a damaged Norton product from the Symantec web site.
Download and run the Norton ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1833

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Ceros" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, for several months I have used Norton anti-virus because it came
> with the computer, now the license expired and I uninstalled it. I
> allways copied from and to a windows xp computer in my network, and now,
> since i uninstalled norton, my Vista laptop doesn't allow me to copy
> files from the xp computer. But it allows it in certain folders, just
> some it gives an error. the error is this one:[image:
> http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormz6.jpg]
>

> --
> Ceros

esther bob

Re: Cannot copy files from another computer

This error is for adobe photo shop error.this does not matter with anti
virus, or i have an another question is like that, why you can't use any
another anti-virus?

--
esther bob
Ceros

Re: Cannot copy files from another computer

I do not wish to use norton anymore, i'm using AVG free, but thats not
the point, and it's nothing to do with the file type, i have tried
several different files, this was just an example so you could see what
error is it.
Anyway, today something weird happened, I allways only had my normal
administrator account, and today after i completelly removed norton as
you told me to, another administrator account appeard, one more
"powerfull" than mine, because i can delete mine, but not the new one,
so I guess this is the original administrator account and somehow norton
was blocking it and hiding it.
I had never seen this happen before, so I can only guess that for
security reasons norton hide this account from the computer users, even
from other administrators.
I'll try and see if i can access the files now... I'll post the news as
soon as I found out.

--
Ceros
Ceros

Re: Cannot copy files from another computer

Ok, Norton is fully removed, but the saga continues, if the files are in
a certain directory in the other computer it lets me get them, if they
are in any other folder of that computer (they all have the same share
settings) it gives me that error... For now I've just moved everything I
needed to the folder that I can access, but I don't really think thats
the solution to my problem.

--
Ceros