Cannot browse with PPPoE connection

iamrezaul

Cannot browse with PPPoE connection

Hi,

I'm using Vista Business. My laptop is DELL Vostro 1310.

I face no problem while using internet in my Office LAN either using
Wi-Fi or Fast ethernet connectivity.

In my residence I get broadband connection (PPPoE) from an ISP. I face
no trouble to connect using my id and password. Vista shows that I'm
connected to the internet. When I ping to any site (like
www.google.com), I get immediate reply from that site. But I cannot
browse using any explorer (I have tried with the default Internet
explorer with vista and Mozilla Firefox. If I request for a page it
shows that "web site found, waiting for reply" but finally it shows no
page. Another PC using windows-XP doesn't show any problem, browsing
goes pretty simple.

When I contact my ISP they say- no one complaining about the connection
so there must be some problem with my Operating System.

What can I do right now... somebody please help me.

Thanks in advance...

-Reza

--
iamrezaul
iamrezaul's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/iamrezaul.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Cannot browse with PPPoE connection
Hi
Check the Firewall exceptions to make sure that the applications that are
involved with the Internet are allow to pass through.
In addition you probably would get a more stable secure connection if you
use a Wireless cable/DSL Router even if you have only one computer.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"iamrezaul" <iamrezaul.3jvrzd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Vista Business. My laptop is DELL Vostro 1310.
>
> I face no problem while using internet in my Office LAN either using
> Wi-Fi or Fast ethernet connectivity.
>
> In my residence I get broadband connection (PPPoE) from an ISP. I face
> no trouble to connect using my id and password. Vista shows that I'm
> connected to the internet. When I ping to any site (like
> www.google.com), I get immediate reply from that site. But I cannot
> browse using any explorer (I have tried with the default Internet
> explorer with vista and Mozilla Firefox. If I request for a page it
> shows that "web site found, waiting for reply" but finally it shows no
> page. Another PC using windows-XP doesn't show any problem, browsing
> goes pretty simple.
>
> When I contact my ISP they say- no one complaining about the connection
> so there must be some problem with my Operating System.
>
> What can I do right now... somebody please help me.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> -Reza
>

> --
> iamrezaul
> iamrezaul's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/iamrezaul.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1082173.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

V Green

Re: Cannot browse with PPPoE connection
Also PPPoE works better if you set the MTU for
either your router or whatever to 1492.