2Wire Wireless adapter AT&T drops out...

BigWill56 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2Wire Wireless adapter AT&T drops out...
I have a dell Inspiron 532 OS is windows home basic AT&T wireless adapter keeps dropping out I have to unplug it and plug it back in constantly. Most frequent error code says atheros wireless adapter experiencing harware or driver problems. Is ther someone out there with the same basic problem and has found a solution. This is my first post hope this helps someone to help me with this problem. I can follow instuctions pretty good. Please advise
Thanks,
Will
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: 2Wire Wireless adapter AT&T drops out...
Have you checked if there is a new driver for wireless NIC?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"BigWill56" <BigWill56.3jvek5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have a dell Inspiron 532 OS is windows home basic AT&T wireless
> adapter keeps dropping out I have to unplug it and plug it back in
> constantly. Most frequent error code says atheros wireless adapter
> experiencing harware or driver problems. Is ther someone out there with
> the same basic problem and has found a solution. This is my first post
> hope this helps someone to help me with this problem. I can follow
> instuctions pretty good. Please advise
> Thanks,
> Will
>

> --
> BigWill56

bumparker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2Wire Wireless adapter AT&T drops out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWill56 View Post
I have a dell Inspiron 532 OS is windows home basic AT&T wireless adapter keeps dropping out I have to unplug it and plug it back in constantly. Most frequent error code says atheros wireless adapter experiencing harware or driver problems. Is ther someone out there with the same basic problem and has found a solution. This is my first post hope this helps someone to help me with this problem. I can follow instuctions pretty good. Please advise
Thanks,
Will
Will,

Had the exact same problem and AT&T came out several times without success. Went to Microsoft website for certified compliant hardware, bought a D-Link wireless adapter that was certified as Vista 64 compliant and it has been flawless. The 2Link drivers do not work with Vista 64.