Unable to connect to any network drives and printers.

botakz8888

Unable to connect to any network drives and printers.
Hi any one can help me with my problem.I am unable to connect to any network drives and printers. I used to be able to connect to them. One fine day, all of it stopped working. I even tried to map my own local drive it was still unsuccessful. Whenever i tried to MAP a drive it will prompt me the log on. I know all my password and i did not set any password. i also tried to remove my Norton 360 v2 on my 3 computer totally but still same issue. I have 3 machine. XP Home sp3, XP Home sp3, Vista Home premium sp1. I only had problem connecting my Vista to any of my XP computer. From XP to XP i had no problem sharing.I do not have any problem accessing the internet.I also realize that when this problem started, i was unable to connect to my router console through IE using my vista machine. In Vista i was able to ping all my Computer via their hostnames n ip.My workgroup was also set correctly.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to connect to any network drives and printers.
Can't map the Vista itself? What's the result of net share command on Vista?
Also you may try clean boot.

Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
programs in Start ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"botakz8888" wrote in message news:e1mrslTVJHA.5420@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi any one can help me with my problem.I am unable to connect to any
> network drives and printers. I used to be able to connect to them. One
> fine day, all of it stopped working. I even tried to map my own local
> drive it was still unsuccessful. Whenever i tried to MAP a drive it will
> prompt me the log on. I know all my password and i did not set any
> password. i also tried to remove my Norton 360 v2 on my 3
> computer totally but still same issue. I have 3 machine. XP Home sp3,
> XP Home sp3, Vista Home premium sp1. I only had problem connecting my
> Vista to any of my XP computer. From XP to XP i had no problem sharing.I
> do not have any problem accessing the internet.I also realize that
> when this problem started, i was unable to connect to my router console
> through IE using my vista machine. In Vista i was able to ping all my
> Computer via their hostnames n ip.My workgroup was also set correctly.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

botakz8888

Re: Unable to connect to any network drives and printers.

*Just reposting my thread. Somehow all the sentences got squeeze on the
first post.*

[...]

[image:
http://www.vistaforums.com/Forum/Upl...a9e7-ddfa.jpg]

--
botakz8888
botakz8888

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\);901293 Wrote:
> Can't map the Vista itself? What's the result of net share command on
> Vista?
> Also you may try clean boot.
>
> Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run
> Windows
> Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
> programs in Start ...
> 'www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm'
> (http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm)
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> 'Networking, VPN, TS, Remote Access and Internet Troubleshooting'
> (http://www.ChicagoTech.net)
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "botakz8888" wrote in message news:e1mrslTVJHA.5420@xxxxxx> > >
> > > Hi any one can help me with my problem.I am unable to connect to any
> > > network drives and printers. I used to be able to connect to them.

> > One
> > > fine day, all of it stopped working. I even tried to map my own

> > local
> > > drive it was still unsuccessful. Whenever i tried to MAP a drive it

> > will
> > > prompt me the log on. I know all my password and i did not set any
> > > password. i also tried to remove my Norton 360 v2 on my 3
> > > computer totally but still same issue. I have 3 machine. XP Home

> > sp3,
> > > XP Home sp3, Vista Home premium sp1. I only had problem connecting my
> > > Vista to any of my XP computer. From XP to XP i had no problem

> > sharing.I
> > > do not have any problem accessing the internet.I also realize

> > that
> > > when this problem started, i was unable to connect to my router

> > console
> > > through IE using my vista machine. In Vista i was able to ping all my
> > > Computer via their hostnames n ip.My workgroup was also set

> > correctly.
> > >

> > > Post Originated from 'Welcome to VistaForums.com - Your #1 Windows

> > Vista Forums' (http://www.VistaForums.com) Vista Support Forums > >

Hi thanks for replying.

i tried to do clean boot but i still have the same problem. The log on
still appear

Ya i was unable to map my own vista drive to my vista machine.
Basically i am unable to do any mapping.

Hope someone can help me with this. I really need the shared drive to
work.

--
botakz8888
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to connect to any network drives and printers.
As said, run net share command on the Vista and post the result here.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"botakz8888" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Robert L. \(MS-MVP\);901293 Wrote:
>> Can't map the Vista itself? What's the result of net share command on
>> Vista?
>> Also you may try clean boot.
>>
>> Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run
>> Windows
>> Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
>> programs in Start ...
>> 'www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm'
>> (http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm)
>>

>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> 'Networking, VPN, TS, Remote Access and Internet Troubleshooting'
>> (http://www.ChicagoTech.net)
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>> > One
>> > local
>> > will
>> > sp3,
>> > sharing.I
>> > that
>> > console
>> > correctly.

>> > Vista Forums' (http://www.VistaForums.com) Vista Support Forums > >

> Hi thanks for replying.
>
> i tried to do clean boot but i still have the same problem. The log on
> still appear
>
> Ya i was unable to map my own vista drive to my vista machine.
> Basically i am unable to do any mapping.
>
> Hope someone can help me with this. I really need the shared drive to
> work.
>

> --
> botakz8888

tjones1966

Re: Unable to connect to any network drives and printers.

Maybe related as I had simular network issues while having another. this
fixed several of the issues I had.

--
tjones1966
tjones1966's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tjones1966.htm