Cannot Connect To uPNP Devices in Vista x64

=?Utf-8?B?R2F6emFT?=

Cannot Connect To uPNP Devices in Vista x64
Hi,

I recently upgraded my motherboard on my Vista X64 Media Center. Since the
upgrade everything works fine except when I try and connect to any one of my
three Xbox 360s as extenders the connection halts and fails.

Connecting to the 360 that is on the same hub allows me to complete the
wizard for connection, but then gives me a "Extender did not connect" error
on the PC and the 360 pauses at "Windows Media Center Contacting...".

Connecting to the other two 360s that are over a 200mbps HomePlug AV network
gives me a "Configuration Error" as it times out at the "Configuring Extender
Settings..." point in the Wizard. The 360 then locks at "Downloading...".

The extenders worked perfect before my upgrade and work when connected to an
old Windows MCE 2005 PC.

I have observed that once the error occurs I cannot use the network adapter
to connect to any other PC (however the Internet works and the PCs can be
pinged).

I have also observed that the system log is full of "101" errors from the
"Yukonx64" driver with message "Driver has encountered an internal error".
Therefore this sounds like it may be a problem with the network adapter
(Marvel Yukon 88E8056). This is strange as it works perfectly except for
connecting to the extenders.

I have tried turning off all the firewalls (software and hardware) and
connecting directly to the extenders. I have also tried the latest network
adapter driver and rolling back to the Microsoft Vista x64 driver.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,
GazzaS

Barb Bowman

Re: Cannot Connect To uPNP Devices in Vista x64
what router do you have?
please test it at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
=?Utf-8?B?R2F6emFT?=

Re: Cannot Connect To uPNP Devices in Vista x64
Hi,

Its a 2wire 2700hg. However, I don't think the router is the problem as
everything was working perfectly before the motherboard upgrade. The fact
that the error log contains lots of entries from the network adapter would
mean that the microsoft driver is causing the issue.

I have tried updating the driver to the latest that Mavell provided me, but
I still get the same issue.

Does any one know how communication with a media center extender is
different to communication with a normal PC. The reason I ask is that the
network adapter is perfectly fine for PC-PC access and file/printer sharing.
I only get the errors when I try and connect to extenders.

Regards,
GazzaS

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> what router do you have?
> please test it at
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx
>

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 05:40:05 -0700, GazzaS
> <GazzaS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I recently upgraded my motherboard on my Vista X64 Media Center. Since the
> >upgrade everything works fine except when I try and connect to any one of my
> >three Xbox 360s as extenders the connection halts and fails.
> >
> >Connecting to the 360 that is on the same hub allows me to complete the
> >wizard for connection, but then gives me a "Extender did not connect" error
> >on the PC and the 360 pauses at "Windows Media Center Contacting...".
> >
> >Connecting to the other two 360s that are over a 200mbps HomePlug AV network
> >gives me a "Configuration Error" as it times out at the "Configuring Extender
> >Settings..." point in the Wizard. The 360 then locks at "Downloading...".
> >
> >The extenders worked perfect before my upgrade and work when connected to an
> >old Windows MCE 2005 PC.
> >
> >I have observed that once the error occurs I cannot use the network adapter
> >to connect to any other PC (however the Internet works and the PCs can be
> >pinged).
> >
> >I have also observed that the system log is full of "101" errors from the
> >"Yukonx64" driver with message "Driver has encountered an internal error".
> >Therefore this sounds like it may be a problem with the network adapter
> >(Marvel Yukon 88E8056). This is strange as it works perfectly except for
> >connecting to the extenders.
> >
> >I have tried turning off all the firewalls (software and hardware) and
> >connecting directly to the extenders. I have also tried the latest network
> >adapter driver and rolling back to the Microsoft Vista x64 driver.
> >
> >Any suggestions would be most welcome.
> >
> >Regards,
> >GazzaS

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Cannot Connect To uPNP Devices in Vista x64
did you try removing the extender pairings on the pc and in the
360's dashboard and re-associating?

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:08:06 -0700, GazzaS