Unidentified Network Error

Henson Sturgill

Re: Unidentified Network Error
I'm by no means an expert either, but I have to ask.. Are you using a
wireless connection? I've seen "Unidentified Network" several times when
I've had my laptop set to connect to a certain wireless network that no
longer exists in my physical location. This is probably too easy to be
true, but have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting to your wireless
network?

- Henson

"JumpNfrog2000" <JumpNfrog2000.3gs3kg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:JumpNfrog2000.3gs3kg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> dontk nwo a whole lot about computers or the lingo really... My internet
> was working fine then all of a sudden it wasn't. I called my internet
> service provider, the internet service tech people had me go into the
> control panel, then the networks and some other things and it said
> "unidentifiable network" they said that it is a glitch with Windows
> Vista that they couldn't do anything that i needed to contact microsoft
> (whom i called and they were going to charge me like 150dollars) I need
> to fix this but i dont know how.... how can i fix this?
>

> --
> JumpNfrog2000

JumpNfrog2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unidentified Network Error
dontk nwo a whole lot about computers or the lingo really... My internet was working fine then all of a sudden it wasn't. I called my internet service provider, the internet service tech people had me go into the control panel, then the networks and some other things and it said "unidentifiable network" they said that it is a glitch with Windows Vista that they couldn't do anything that i needed to contact microsoft (whom i called and they were going to charge me like 150dollars) I need to fix this but i dont know how.... how can i fix this?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unidentified Network Error
You may want to reset the router. or this search result may help.

Resolution of Vista Unidentified NetworkThe Vista Unidentified Network or
Limited Connectivity could be gateway, hardware, TCP/IP configuration or
security issues. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/uni...irdnetwork.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"JumpNfrog2000" <JumpNfrog2000.3gs3kg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:JumpNfrog2000.3gs3kg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> dontk nwo a whole lot about computers or the lingo really... My internet
> was working fine then all of a sudden it wasn't. I called my internet
> service provider, the internet service tech people had me go into the
> control panel, then the networks and some other things and it said
> "unidentifiable network" they said that it is a glitch with Windows
> Vista that they couldn't do anything that i needed to contact microsoft
> (whom i called and they were going to charge me like 150dollars) I need
> to fix this but i dont know how.... how can i fix this?
>

> --
> JumpNfrog2000

JumpNfrog2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unidentified Network Error
I dont have a router to reset it plugs right into my computer untill i get a router

JumpNfrog2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unidentified Network Error
I dont have a router that link does have what i need in it but I dont know what it means.
1. turn off the IPv6.
2. Assign static IP

I have not idea what these are let alone how to do them
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unidentified Network Error
Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help. To do that, type cmd in the
start and double-click on the cmd.exe. Type ipconfig /all and press enter.
copy the result here.

--
"JumpNfrog2000" <JumpNfrog2000.3gtao5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:JumpNfrog2000.3gtao5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...