Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!

Skyseek

Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!

I can connect from a Windows XP to a Windows Vista x64 shared folder and
copy a 1K file in a matter of milliseconds! When I copy from Windows
Vista 32 Home Premium to the same Windows Vista x64 shared folder, it
takes 5-6 seconds. I have turned features like remote differential
compression off, etc. I am just wondering what is bottlenecking the
Vista 32 to Vista 64. This is really frustrating!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Skyseek

--
Skyseek
Skyseek

Re: Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!

Bump

--
Skyseek
+Bob+

Re: Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:34:51 -0500, Skyseek <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>I can connect from a Windows XP to a Windows Vista x64 shared folder and
>copy a 1K file in a matter of milliseconds! When I copy from Windows
>Vista 32 Home Premium to the same Windows Vista x64 shared folder, it
>takes 5-6 seconds. I have turned features like remote differential
>compression off, etc. I am just wondering what is bottlenecking the
>Vista 32 to Vista 64. This is really frustrating!

It may just be Vista Home Premium. I find that it has some network
slowdowns in some areas. In other areas network operations are very
fast. No solutions yet.
awatt32

Re: Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!

I had the same problem; change your network adapter to auto negotiate
speed. For some reaon vista does not like the network adapter being set
to a fixed speed of 100Mbs full duplex but connects and works at this
speed if set to auto.

--
awatt32
awatt32's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/awatt32.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Skyseek

Re: Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!

Thanks for the reply. I did check all of the settings. The only thing
I can think of is that the application that has to write accross the
peer to peer network is using a wireless N connection. Under Windows XP
, there was no problem using the wireless N card.

I think I may plug into internal network card and wire it and see if
the issue goes away. If it doesn't then I may have to run this
application from an XP machine (about 1/10 of the speed of my laptop)
and then just remote in to it and launch it.

Pretty crazy that Microsoft has regressed in this area of Peer to Peer
Networking!

SkySeek

--
Skyseek
Skyseek

Re: Vista 64 Network Share Perfromance SLOW!!!

Well, I tried it hard wired and still the same results. This is REALLY
FRUSTRATING. I know it is a timing issue because I can map one of the
files locations to the local hard drive and the application doesn't
spawn the error, that is related to timing.

This is a huge issue with Vista. I really hope someone has a solution.
PS I retried this on Windows XP and it gives me a little bit of a
delay.

Microsoft needs to get this corrected ASAP. It is aweful! Or maybe
someone can give me a work around. VISTA is just TOO SLOW as far as
peer to peer networking.

--
Skyseek