Vista "Attempting to Authenticate" wireless

=?Utf-8?B?TW9lIE1hbg==?=

Vista "Attempting to Authenticate" wireless
Hello. I am using 2 identical HP laptops which have been using the built in
broadcom wireless adapter and WPA-PSK, for a week now with no problem until
today. 1 has stopped working. As easy transfer cable was not working I
decided to manually move all my data over my network from an XP machine to a
Vista one. Long story short the vista machine hung during moving data and
needed rebooting. Now the wireless on the vista machine will not connect. It
sees the SSID, wireless keys are correct ( I still have 3 other laptops
wirelessly on the network), but within Network and Internet -> network
connections the wireless network connection says "attempting to authenticate"
for the last 5 hours! What has changed? Why is it doing this? My other
identical laptop still works flawlessly! Please help!!!
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Vista "Attempting to Authenticate" wireless
This search result may help

Vista: Wireless connectivity issuePost Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 am Post subject: Vista: Wireless connectivity issue ... The wireless connection may drop when you use battery power. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=507

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Moe Man" <MoeMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E940E2FA-D73B-43CD-BF38-8B8823041E93@microsoft.com...
Hello. I am using 2 identical HP laptops which have been using the built in
broadcom wireless adapter and WPA-PSK, for a week now with no problem until
today. 1 has stopped working. As easy transfer cable was not working I
decided to manually move all my data over my network from an XP machine to a
Vista one. Long story short the vista machine hung during moving data and
needed rebooting. Now the wireless on the vista machine will not connect. It
sees the SSID, wireless keys are correct ( I still have 3 other laptops
wirelessly on the network), but within Network and Internet -> network
connections the wireless network connection says "attempting to authenticate"
for the last 5 hours! What has changed? Why is it doing this? My other
identical laptop still works flawlessly! Please help!!!
Marco Almenta

Re: Vista "Attempting to Authenticate" wireless
I had the same problem when moving from XP to Vista on my laptop.
Just turned off WPA and wireless works again. It is a problem of wireless
negotiation, obviously.
I have MAC filter but not WPA encryption, then.

This is some Vista bug since my XP connects with router under WEP and WPA
immediately, as far as i have tested.