WebDAV Cache on Vista?

XPfan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WebDAV Cache on Vista?
Hi, this is my first post and I hope Im posting to the right forum.

Does Vista do any kind of caching for WebDAV? I am really stumped. I have multiple users connecting to a remote file store using WebDAV. We have checked the logs and the setup. The setup, permission settings, everything we can think of is the same. However, 1 user sees 1 folder in all caps where as the others dont. She is unable to access that 1 folder. I should point out that at one point she was able to work in that folder until another user renamed it so that it would appear with only small letters (used to be all caps). Now all users except that 1 user is able to access it and they all see it properly in lower case letters. This user has Windows Vista and the server is a Linux machine. We checked everything on the server side, and we can't find any issue. The user who changed the name from all upper case to lower case was also on a Vista pc. The user who can't access the "all caps" folder also is being prompted for her password continously.

Does Vista cache any WebDAV stuff locally? I have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now. Not sure why it would work fine then all of a sudden the aforementioned issues started to arrise.

-I had another Sys admin check the logs..nothing was wrong there
-We also double-checked the config/permissions on the server
- I have gone down to the site with other sys admins trying to figure this out.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time in advance.