Connected to internet but not able to browse or update

Sythic

Connected to internet but not able to browse or update

heyy..i m having this problem on my hp laptop for couple of days now.
the problem is my network tab shows that i m connected to internet but
when i try opening a site it displays a msg sayin the site cannot be
opened or u are not connected to internet or please check the address
you have typed.Internet connects fine on my other desktop..but i cant
browse while being connected to internet through my laptop...even when
i try updating my antivirus it says cannot connect to server. i tried
pinging on IP4 but it displays 1231 error code..recieved packages being
zero n 100% loss... i cant understand y its not happening even though i
m connected to internet...

The problem i reckon started when my isp changed the ip address to
dynamic settin..ie get my ip addr automatically..i did tht too..both on
my laptop n desktop..desktop can connect but laptop cant. i did
ipconfig/El reset n everything but doesnt work..

I talked with my isp admin..they say i m connected to internet
according to them..which i no as i can c i m connected to internet.

can anyone pls help me on this issue.. i have scanned restored n
changed the settings.. but problem still persists..The operating system
on my laptop is vista n on my desktop is XP.

Please help..

--
Sythic
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Connected to internet but not able to browse or update
Hi
How are you connected to the Internet?
Do you have a Router, or you are connected directly to the Modem.
Check the TCP/IP setting it might be that there is No DNS configuration if
you are not on Auto Obtain.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Sythic" <Sythic.3164a2d@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> heyy..i m having this problem on my hp laptop for couple of days now.
> the problem is my network tab shows that i m connected to internet but
> when i try opening a site it displays a msg sayin the site cannot be
> opened or u are not connected to internet or please check the address
> you have typed.Internet connects fine on my other desktop..but i cant
> browse while being connected to internet through my laptop...even when
> i try updating my antivirus it says cannot connect to server. i tried
> pinging on IP4 but it displays 1231 error code..recieved packages being
> zero n 100% loss... i cant understand y its not happening even though i
> m connected to internet...
>
> The problem i reckon started when my isp changed the ip address to
> dynamic settin..ie get my ip addr automatically..i did tht too..both on
> my laptop n desktop..desktop can connect but laptop cant. i did
> ipconfig/El reset n everything but doesnt work..
>
> I talked with my isp admin..they say i m connected to internet
> according to them..which i no as i can c i m connected to internet.
>
> can anyone pls help me on this issue.. i have scanned restored n
> changed the settings.. but problem still persists..The operating system
> on my laptop is vista n on my desktop is XP.
>
> Please help..
>

> --
> Sythic

Sythic

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).;718237 Wrote:
> Hi
> How are you connected to the Internet?
> Do you have a Router, or you are connected directly to the Modem.
> Check the TCP/IP setting it might be that there is No DNS configuration
> if
> you are not on Auto Obtain.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Sythic" Sythic.3164a2d@vistabanter.com wrote in message
>
> heyy..i m having this problem on my hp laptop for couple of days now.
> the problem is my network tab shows that i m connected to internet
> but
> when i try opening a site it displays a msg sayin the site cannot be
> opened or u are not connected to internet or please check the address
> you have typed.Internet connects fine on my other desktop..but i cant
> browse while being connected to internet through my laptop...even
> when
> i try updating my antivirus it says cannot connect to server. i tried
> pinging on IP4 but it displays 1231 error code..recieved packages
> being
> zero n 100% loss... i cant understand y its not happening even though
> m connected to internet...
>
> The problem i reckon started when my isp changed the ip address to
> dynamic settin..ie get my ip addr automatically..i did tht too..both
> on
> my laptop n desktop..desktop can connect but laptop cant. i did
> ipconfig/El reset n everything but doesnt work..
>
> I talked with my isp admin..they say i m connected to internet
> according to them..which i no as i can c i m connected to internet.
>
> can anyone pls help me on this issue.. i have scanned restored n
> changed the settings.. but problem still persists..The operating
> system
> on my laptop is vista n on my desktop is XP.
>
> Please help..
>

> --
> Sythic -

no jack..settings and everything are fine. I've put it it auto update..
both dns n ip..doesn't work..i manually also gave values for both after
confirming it with my isp but no avail. i m connected directly to the
modem. is there any ray of light?? i m not able to guess wut is causing
such a problem. can it be isp sided...as if they restrict the connection
to just one computer. i asked them but they dint wanna divulge the
information. wut do u think?

--
Sythic