Vista and Office 2007 One Note

Coolgrandma

Vista and Office 2007 One Note

I just started to learn One Note and set up a Notebook that "says" it is
shared. When I went to my other computer (XP) I received a message about
Permissions and Access Denied. I returned to this computer (Vista) and
did all the necessary sharing of the One Note Notebook and the Notebooks
within the main folder, in Properties, with Security and Sharing tabs,
even Advanced to be sure that Myself and Administrator and CREATOR/OWNER
has full access, and whatever else was needed to be done in Network
/Sharing, YET, I keep getting access denied on my other computer. I
tried moving the entire folder to the Public Documents Folder and was
Access Denied that move. There are a lot of other items I can see on my
other computer from this computer, just not the one I want.

--
Coolgrandma
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista and Office 2007 One Note
Have a read of the info below about XP and Vista.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
computer.

Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia

"Coolgrandma" wrote:

> I just started to learn One Note and set up a Notebook that "says" it is
> shared. When I went to my other computer (XP) I received a message about
> Permissions and Access Denied. I returned to this computer (Vista) and
> did all the necessary sharing of the One Note Notebook and the Notebooks
> within the main folder, in Properties, with Security and Sharing tabs,
> even Advanced to be sure that Myself and Administrator and CREATOR/OWNER
> has full access, and whatever else was needed to be done in Network
> /Sharing, YET, I keep getting access denied on my other computer. I
> tried moving the entire folder to the Public Documents Folder and was
> Access Denied that move. There are a lot of other items I can see on my
> other computer from this computer, just not the one I want.
>

> --
> Coolgrandma

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Vista and Office 2007 One Note