Vista Sharing

joel

Vista Sharing
I have had a home network for years, sharing nearly evey drive or partition
to all.

Since I have switched most of my computers to Vista, and even bought one
with Vista 32 on it. Here is where th problem became the most evident.

I have sharing and all the seemingly relevant settings turned on. I even
contacted HP to ask them why.

The problem is I can not access any of the shares on that machine. It has
also happened to one partition that I want to share on a machine with
Ultimate on it. The only one that I can access on the HP machine is the
Public Share file area.

When I try to access these areas I get "{computer}{drive} is not accessible.
You might not have permaission to use this network resource. Contact the
administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions."

I am the admin to all these machines and have shared to all on my home
network. The only area is a world book that has passworded permissions to
the main area but still has a Public Share area.

I can not figure out or find out what needs to be done. Also a friend of
mine who also has installed Vista Home of a recently built machine and is
having the same issue. None but the Public Share is shared. Any help or
direction will be appreciated.

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Sharing

Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia