Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Printer Access Denied

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
Sheila
 

Posts: n/a
Printer Access Denied
I'm trying to set-up my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop, with a Vista Operating
System to work wirelessly with my HP Photosmart 3200 printer. The printer is
wired to my HP M470N Media Center desktop which is running on a Windows XP
Operating System. The desktop is wired to my Bell Sympatico router. I'm able
to see and open shared files on the desktop from the laptop and vice versa.
However, I can't seem to figure out how to wirelessly print a Notepad
document using the laptop. After putting text into the document I open
File>Print>select desktop icon>choose HP 3200 printer>click on select and the
message reads: "Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer. Access Is Denied".
I've turned off the firewall but it doesn't make any difference.
--
"Any and all help will be appreciated"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
supa doopa
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Access Denied

Hi. i tried to post this in the other thread but its closed. and this
may help youaswell. Vista has a critical error where hp printers are
concered. Printers keep dissapering alltogether........ all you need to
do is install the critical update to stop it unninstalling its self.
this can be accessed from your start menu. click on hp then click on hp
update. this patch will solve the problem of your printer doing a
hudini. also u need to check that you are the only user logged in or the
patch will fail.

sheila ...... may i sujest you checkweather your printer and laptop
wireless frequencies are the same. the both should be 802.11 g.

some parralel importe devices differ. hope this helps guys.


--
supa doopa
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2008
supa doopa
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Access Denied

oh and sheila. you may need to log in as admin on your network to
access the printer or in turn get the admin to give your profile or
user access.


--
supa doopa
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Printer Access Denied
Turn on XP's file and printer sharing.
Info below.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx

Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.

Permissions/Share info is there as well.

If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their
Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)

1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)

Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)

File Sharing: ON

Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
Docs)

Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and
passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
computer.

Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer Sharing
Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

In “My Network Places”: “Set up a Home or Small Office Network”
OR under Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard > Allow File
and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia


"Sheila" wrote:

> I'm trying to set-up my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop, with a Vista Operating
> System to work wirelessly with my HP Photosmart 3200 printer. The printer is
> wired to my HP M470N Media Center desktop which is running on a Windows XP
> Operating System. The desktop is wired to my Bell Sympatico router. I'm able
> to see and open shared files on the desktop from the laptop and vice versa.
> However, I can't seem to figure out how to wirelessly print a Notepad
> document using the laptop. After putting text into the document I open
> File>Print>select desktop icon>choose HP 3200 printer>click on select and the
> message reads: "Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer. Access Is Denied".
> I've turned off the firewall but it doesn't make any difference.
> --
> "Any and all help will be appreciated"

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Sheila
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Access Denied
I have now installed the updates available for both my laptop and my desktop
but nothing has changed, I'm still unable to print wirelessly from the HP
"Vista" laptop. How do I check the wireless frequencies on both of these
machines? --
"Any and all help will be appreciated"


"supa doopa" wrote:

>
> Hi. i tried to post this in the other thread but its closed. and this
> may help youaswell. Vista has a critical error where hp printers are
> concered. Printers keep dissapering alltogether........ all you need to
> do is install the critical update to stop it unninstalling its self.
> this can be accessed from your start menu. click on hp then click on hp
> update. this patch will solve the problem of your printer doing a
> hudini. also u need to check that you are the only user logged in or the
> patch will fail.
>
> sheila ...... may i sujest you checkweather your printer and laptop
> wireless frequencies are the same. the both should be 802.11 g.
>
> some parralel importe devices differ. hope this helps guys.
>
>
> --
> supa doopa
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Sheila
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Printer Access Denied
I previously read the link and made the adjustments recommended, with no
success. I've spent several days, contacted the HP support center, and made
numerous adjustments with no success. I think I should now remove all of the
network sharing information, on both my "Vista" laptop and my "XP" desktop
and start again, with a clean slate. Any suggestions on how to accomplish
this task?
--
"Any and all help will be appreciated"


"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Turn on XP's file and printer sharing.
> Info below.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
>
> Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.
>
> Permissions/Share info is there as well.
>
> If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
> sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their
> Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)
>
> 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> the SAME.
>
> In Vista Network and Sharing:
>
> Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)
>
> Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)
>
> File Sharing: ON
>
> Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> Docs)
>
> Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and
> passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
> identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
> when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
> computer.
>
> Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer Sharing
> Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
> to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).
>
> In “My Network Places”: “Set up a Home or Small Office Network”
> OR under Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard > Allow File
> and Printer Sharing.
>
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia
>
>
> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to set-up my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop, with a Vista Operating
> > System to work wirelessly with my HP Photosmart 3200 printer. The printer is
> > wired to my HP M470N Media Center desktop which is running on a Windows XP
> > Operating System. The desktop is wired to my Bell Sympatico router. I'm able
> > to see and open shared files on the desktop from the laptop and vice versa.
> > However, I can't seem to figure out how to wirelessly print a Notepad
> > document using the laptop. After putting text into the document I open
> > File>Print>select desktop icon>choose HP 3200 printer>click on select and the
> > message reads: "Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer. Access Is Denied".
> > I've turned off the firewall but it doesn't make any difference.
> > --
> > "Any and all help will be appreciated"

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Printer Access Denied
In vista'a "Network", did you add XP's printer from there(by browsing for it
in "Add a Printer"; and install on the Vista laptop a Vista compatible Driver
for the XP's Printer?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia


"Sheila" wrote:

> I previously read the link and made the adjustments recommended, with no
> success. I've spent several days, contacted the HP support center, and made
> numerous adjustments with no success. I think I should now remove all of the
> network sharing information, on both my "Vista" laptop and my "XP" desktop
> and start again, with a clean slate. Any suggestions on how to accomplish
> this task?
> --
> "Any and all help will be appreciated"
>
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > Turn on XP's file and printer sharing.
> > Info below.
> >
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> >
> > Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.
> >
> > Permissions/Share info is there as well.
> >
> > If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
> > sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their
> > Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)
> >
> > 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> > the SAME.
> >
> > In Vista Network and Sharing:
> >
> > Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)
> >
> > Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)
> >
> > File Sharing: ON
> >
> > Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> > Docs)
> >
> > Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and
> > passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
> > identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
> > when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
> > computer.
> >
> > Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer Sharing
> > Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
> > to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).
> >
> > In “My Network Places”: “Set up a Home or Small Office Network”
> > OR under Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard > Allow File
> > and Printer Sharing.
> >
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia
> >
> >
> > "Sheila" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to set-up my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop, with a Vista Operating
> > > System to work wirelessly with my HP Photosmart 3200 printer. The printer is
> > > wired to my HP M470N Media Center desktop which is running on a Windows XP
> > > Operating System. The desktop is wired to my Bell Sympatico router. I'm able
> > > to see and open shared files on the desktop from the laptop and vice versa.
> > > However, I can't seem to figure out how to wirelessly print a Notepad
> > > document using the laptop. After putting text into the document I open
> > > File>Print>select desktop icon>choose HP 3200 printer>click on select and the
> > > message reads: "Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer. Access Is Denied".
> > > I've turned off the firewall but it doesn't make any difference.
> > > --
> > > "Any and all help will be appreciated"

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
Sheila
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Printer Access Denied
I just tried to install my HP printer, using its original installation disk,
on my "Vista" laptop and received the following message: Issues Stopping
Installation:

The installer cannot access this Registry Key. Please ensure that the
installer has access to the Registry and click Retry to continue
installation.

The Registry keys mentiond are; gpkcsp.dll, sccbase.dll, slbcsp.dll and ENUM.

Does this mean that I won't be able to use my printer wirelessly from my
laptop?
--
"Any and all help will be appreciated"


"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> In vista'a "Network", did you add XP's printer from there(by browsing for it
> in "Add a Printer"; and install on the Vista laptop a Vista compatible Driver
> for the XP's Printer?
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia
>
>
> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > I previously read the link and made the adjustments recommended, with no
> > success. I've spent several days, contacted the HP support center, and made
> > numerous adjustments with no success. I think I should now remove all of the
> > network sharing information, on both my "Vista" laptop and my "XP" desktop
> > and start again, with a clean slate. Any suggestions on how to accomplish
> > this task?
> > --
> > "Any and all help will be appreciated"
> >
> >
> > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> > > Turn on XP's file and printer sharing.
> > > Info below.
> > >
> > > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> > >
> > > Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.
> > >
> > > Permissions/Share info is there as well.
> > >
> > > If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
> > > sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their
> > > Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)
> > >
> > > 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> > > the SAME.
> > >
> > > In Vista Network and Sharing:
> > >
> > > Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)
> > >
> > > Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)
> > >
> > > File Sharing: ON
> > >
> > > Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> > > Docs)
> > >
> > > Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and
> > > passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
> > > identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
> > > when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
> > > computer.
> > >
> > > Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer Sharing
> > > Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
> > > to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).
> > >
> > > In “My Network Places”: “Set up a Home or Small Office Network”
> > > OR under Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard > Allow File
> > > and Printer Sharing.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia
> > >
> > >
> > > "Sheila" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I'm trying to set-up my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop, with a Vista Operating
> > > > System to work wirelessly with my HP Photosmart 3200 printer. The printer is
> > > > wired to my HP M470N Media Center desktop which is running on a Windows XP
> > > > Operating System. The desktop is wired to my Bell Sympatico router. I'm able
> > > > to see and open shared files on the desktop from the laptop and vice versa.
> > > > However, I can't seem to figure out how to wirelessly print a Notepad
> > > > document using the laptop. After putting text into the document I open
> > > > File>Print>select desktop icon>choose HP 3200 printer>click on select and the
> > > > message reads: "Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer. Access Is Denied".
> > > > I've turned off the firewall but it doesn't make any difference.
> > > > --
> > > > "Any and all help will be appreciated"

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2008
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Printer Access Denied
Sheila, you never read my post properly.
You are trying to install an XP Printer Driver from that CD on a Vista
computer.
It won't work.

Go to the HP link below(you only say 3200 printer, there are 5 models!), and
see if HP has a VISTA compatible Driver for your Printer to install on your
VISTA laptop.
If there is, install the Vista Driver in the laptop, and follow my
instructions to add XP's Printer for Vista to access.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...7&submit.y =4
--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia


"Sheila" wrote:

> I just tried to install my HP printer, using its original installation disk,
> on my "Vista" laptop and received the following message: Issues Stopping
> Installation:
>
> The installer cannot access this Registry Key. Please ensure that the
> installer has access to the Registry and click Retry to continue
> installation.
>
> The Registry keys mentiond are; gpkcsp.dll, sccbase.dll, slbcsp.dll and ENUM.
>
> Does this mean that I won't be able to use my printer wirelessly from my
> laptop?
> --
> "Any and all help will be appreciated"
>
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > In vista'a "Network", did you add XP's printer from there(by browsing for it
> > in "Add a Printer"; and install on the Vista laptop a Vista compatible Driver
> > for the XP's Printer?
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia
> >
> >
> > "Sheila" wrote:
> >
> > > I previously read the link and made the adjustments recommended, with no
> > > success. I've spent several days, contacted the HP support center, and made
> > > numerous adjustments with no success. I think I should now remove all of the
> > > network sharing information, on both my "Vista" laptop and my "XP" desktop
> > > and start again, with a clean slate. Any suggestions on how to accomplish
> > > this task?
> > > --
> > > "Any and all help will be appreciated"
> > >
> > >
> > > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Turn on XP's file and printer sharing.
> > > > Info below.
> > > >
> > > > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> > > >
> > > > Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.
> > > >
> > > > Permissions/Share info is there as well.
> > > >
> > > > If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
> > > > sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their
> > > > Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)
> > > >
> > > > 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> > > > the SAME.
> > > >
> > > > In Vista Network and Sharing:
> > > >
> > > > Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)
> > > >
> > > > Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)
> > > >
> > > > File Sharing: ON
> > > >
> > > > Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> > > > Docs)
> > > >
> > > > Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and
> > > > passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
> > > > identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
> > > > when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
> > > > computer.
> > > >
> > > > Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer Sharing
> > > > Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
> > > > to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).
> > > >
> > > > In “My Network Places”: “Set up a Home or Small Office Network”
> > > > OR under Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard > Allow File
> > > > and Printer Sharing.
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Sheila" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I'm trying to set-up my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop, with a Vista Operating
> > > > > System to work wirelessly with my HP Photosmart 3200 printer. The printer is
> > > > > wired to my HP M470N Media Center desktop which is running on a Windows XP
> > > > > Operating System. The desktop is wired to my Bell Sympatico router. I'm able
> > > > > to see and open shared files on the desktop from the laptop and vice versa.
> > > > > However, I can't seem to figure out how to wirelessly print a Notepad
> > > > > document using the laptop. After putting text into the document I open
> > > > > File>Print>select desktop icon>choose HP 3200 printer>click on select and the
> > > > > message reads: "Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer. Access Is Denied".
> > > > > I've turned off the firewall but it doesn't make any difference.
> > > > > --
> > > > > "Any and all help will be appreciated"

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2008
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer Access Denied
"Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C9A93119-4323-4E07-9EA0-27CCE046601F@microsoft.com...
>I just tried to install my HP printer, using its original installation
>disk,
> on my "Vista" laptop and received the following message: Issues Stopping
> Installation:
>
> The installer cannot access this Registry Key. Please ensure that the
> installer has access to the Registry and click Retry to continue
> installation.
>
> The Registry keys mentiond are; gpkcsp.dll, sccbase.dll, slbcsp.dll and
> ENUM.
>
> Does this mean that I won't be able to use my printer wirelessly from my
> laptop?


Insert the CD, open it in Explorer, find "setup.exe" , right-click on it and
choose "run as Administrator"....

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't delete printer - Access Denied Bill microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 8 06-25-2008 01:23
printer access denied AJ Joslin microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 05-29-2007 13:18
Printer access denied Chuck Davis microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-28-2007 05:58
Printer Access denied problem =?Utf-8?B?QWRkZWQgbm90IHRvIHJlcXVlc3Q=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 03-28-2007 02:16
Access is denied message when trying to access a remote printer =?Utf-8?B?TWFya0M=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 03-09-2007 02:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:30.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120