Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped

dannydee is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped
Hi

I hope someone is able to offer help or advice on this one.
Every now and then i get a message pop up on my screen which reads as follows:
'Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped Working and was Closed
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly windows will notify you if a solution is available.'

Now to my knowledge i am not sharing anything using Network Sharing so Im not sure what to make of this, any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Dannydee
oscar

RE: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped
Check these two areas:
1) Go to WMP > Library > Media Sharing and see if the sharing is Allowed.
2) Go to Network and Sharing Center and see if Media Sharing is On or Off.

For more information about Vista’s media sharing go to Start orb > Help and
Support and enter “sharing media on network using Windows Media Player”.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers…

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"dannydee" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I hope someone is able to offer help or advice on this one.
> Every now and then i get a message pop up on my screen which reads as
> follows:
> 'Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped Working and was
> Closed
> A problem caused the application to stop working correctly windows will
> notify you if a solution is available.'
>
> Now to my knowledge i am not sharing anything using Network Sharing so
> Im not sure what to make of this, any help will be greatly appreciated
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Dannydee
>

> --
> dannydee

dannydee is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post

"dannydee" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I hope someone is able to offer help or advice on this one.
> Every now and then i get a message pop up on my screen which reads as
> follows:
> 'Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped Working and was
> Closed
> A problem caused the application to stop working correctly windows will
> notify you if a solution is available.'
>
> Now to my knowledge i am not sharing anything using Network Sharing so
> Im not sure what to make of this, any help will be greatly appreciated
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Dannydee
>

> --
> dannydee

Many thanks
This sent me off in the right direction and i managed to find a solution to my problem.
Anyway what i did was got to 'control panel' I then selected classic view. Then I selected 'Administrative Tools'. Then I selected 'Services' scrolled down the list until I found 'Windows Media Player Sharing Services' I double clicked it and then when the little dialogue box comes up goto where it says 'Start Up Type' and select 'Disable' click 'Apply' and it was done.

I hope this helps others
DannyDee
oscar

Re: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Stopped
Great!

I forgot all about Services. Glad it worked for you.