Network cable unplugged Message

Dave Johnson

Network cable unplugged Message
Hi Everyone !

I am having some problems with My windows Vista Ultimate install.
Everything was working fine for quite awhile, but a month or so ago I
started geting a Network cable unplugged message.

I have tried a new network card but it still fails with the same message.

Im using a D link Air extreme G wireless router (DI 624)
and other computers are working fine and getting DHCP suplied.

I have only recently needed the internet again and I find myself needing to
fix this problem.

The cables are good (tested on another machine)

any help ?
might it be service pack or update related ?

Dave Johnson

Re: Network cable unplugged Message
After much stuffing around and even reinstalling windows, including an
annoying phone call to reactivate the software.
I managed to fix this problem

Firstly my onboard network card had died causing the original problem,
installing a second network card still didnt fix the problem it continued to
complain of no cable on the new network card. I tried the KB fix article for
DHCP broadcasts, no help there.

I then tried the reinstall (which was an upgrade install over the original)
no fix yet. (its un necessary so dont do it)

In the end I had to disable the onboard network card and then the new
network card started working !

Yay !

Now all I have to do is reconfigure everything due to the reinstall, so much
for a keep your settings install, thanks Microsoft /sarcasm

They couldnt run a coin operated brothel, let alone make userfriendly
software.

Hope this helps some others having similar problems.

Dave

"Dave Johnson" <Nope@no.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone !
>
> I am having some problems with My windows Vista Ultimate install.
> Everything was working fine for quite awhile, but a month or so ago I
> started geting a Network cable unplugged message.
>
> I have tried a new network card but it still fails with the same message.
>
> Im using a D link Air extreme G wireless router (DI 624)
> and other computers are working fine and getting DHCP suplied.
>
> I have only recently needed the internet again and I find myself needing

> fix this problem.
>
> The cables are good (tested on another machine)
>
> any help ?
> might it be service pack or update related ?

Dave Johnson

Re: Network cable unplugged Message
By the way when I say disable the network card, I mean disable it in the
CMOS setup not just in windows.

> After much stuffing around and even reinstalling windows, including an
> annoying phone call to reactivate the software.
> I managed to fix this problem
>
> Firstly my onboard network card had died causing the original problem,
> installing a second network card still didnt fix the problem it continued

> complain of no cable on the new network card. I tried the KB fix article

for
> DHCP broadcasts, no help there.
>
> I then tried the reinstall (which was an upgrade install over the

original)
> no fix yet. (its un necessary so dont do it)
>
> In the end I had to disable the onboard network card and then the new
> network card started working !
>
> Yay !
>
> Now all I have to do is reconfigure everything due to the reinstall, so

much
> for a keep your settings install, thanks Microsoft /sarcasm
>
> They couldnt run a coin operated brothel, let alone make userfriendly
> software.
>
> Hope this helps some others having similar problems.
>
> Dave
>

> "Dave Johnson" <Nope@no.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone !
> >
> > I am having some problems with My windows Vista Ultimate install.
> > Everything was working fine for quite awhile, but a month or so ago I
> > started geting a Network cable unplugged message.
> >
> > I have tried a new network card but it still fails with the same

message.

> > Im using a D link Air extreme G wireless router (DI 624)
> > and other computers are working fine and getting DHCP suplied.
> >
> > I have only recently needed the internet again and I find myself needing

> > fix this problem.
> >
> > The cables are good (tested on another machine)
> >
> > any help ?
> > might it be service pack or update related ?

Pavel A.

Re: Network cable unplugged Message
"Dave Johnson" <Nope@no.com> wrote in message
[snip]
> Now all I have to do is reconfigure everything due to the reinstall, so
> much
> for a keep your settings install, thanks Microsoft /sarcasm
>
> They couldnt run a coin operated brothel, let alone make userfriendly
> software.

How you think Windows could be more user friendly?
It appears that the onboard netcard was fried,
and Windows gave more or less exact indication where is the problem.

--PA

Dave Johnson

Re: Network cable unplugged Message
I wasnt refering to the Fried network card, nor the fact that a second plug
in card wouldnt work correctly untill you disable the onboard card in the
cmos (even though it should)
I was refering to the fact that the upgrade install says it keeps your
setings but it doesnt.