Vista wireless conection problem

sharic2

Vista wireless conection problem

hi
I have Toshiba P200 PC,32-bit operating sistem whit Whindows Vista
Home Premium,and have problem whit whireless conection.

My ruter is Linksis WRT54GC ver.2.0 and I havent any problems before
2-3 days ago,and now my internet is verry low.In "Wireless Network
Connection Status"I see that IPv6 Connectivity is limited,some times
this IPv6 Connectivity become to lpcal and my trafic become to normal
speed.
How can I repair my conection

--
sharic2
sharic2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sharic2.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Malke

Re: Vista wireless conection problem
sharic2 wrote:

> hi
> I have Toshiba P200 PC,32-bit operating sistem whit Whindows Vista
> Home Premium,and have problem whit whireless conection.
>
> My ruter is Linksis WRT54GC ver.2.0 and I havent any problems before
> 2-3 days ago,and now my internet is verry low.In "Wireless Network
> Connection Status"I see that IPv6 Connectivity is limited,some times
> this IPv6 Connectivity become to lpcal and my trafic become to normal
> speed.
> How can I repair my conection

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time things
worked and the time they didn't?

Turn off the IPv6 connection and use only IPv4.

MVP Barb Bowman - http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com/ - home
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...windows-vista/

How to remove IPv6 and Tunnel completely on Vista -
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

John Thompson

On 2008-09-04, sharic2 <sharic2.3f7kfc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

> My ruter is Linksis WRT54GC ver.2.0 and I havent any problems before
> 2-3 days ago,and now my internet is verry low.In "Wireless Network
> Connection Status"I see that IPv6 Connectivity is limited,some times
> this IPv6 Connectivity become to lpcal and my trafic become to normal
> speed.
> How can I repair my conection

Are you actually on an IPv6 network?

--

John (john@os2.dhs.org)
sharic2

Re: Vista wireless conection problem

No i think...
when I open Wireless Network conection status i see:

connection

IPv4 Connectivity: Intenet
IPv6 Connectivity: Limited
Media state: Enable
SSID: Vasilev
etc:etc
when Ipv6 connectivityis Local my internet speed is ok,but I cant
change it from lmited to local.
already disable autotuning
thanks for help

sharic2 wrote:

> No i think...
> when I open Wireless Network conection status i see:
>
> connection
>
> IPv4 Connectivity: Intenet
> IPv6 Connectivity: Limited
> Media state: Enable
> SSID: Vasilev
> etc:etc
> when Ipv6 connectivityis Local my internet speed is ok,but I cant
> change it from lmited to local.
> already disable autotuning
> thanks for help

That's why I told you to disable IPv6.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

sharic2

Re: Vista wireless conection problem

i already disable IPv6 but the problem still exist

sharic2 wrote:

> i already disable IPv6 but the problem still exist

If you had really disabled IPv6, you wouldn't be getting the "IPv6 limited
connectivity" error.

Since you aren't providing any other information I can't help you further.
Obviously something has changed in the past "2-3 days". What? Only you can
find out.

Other extremely common reasons for Internet connectivity problems are
malware infection, ISP issues, and router failure.

Scan for malware:

Connect the computer wired directly to the router. Still having problems?
Then it's probably the router. Prove it by connecting wired directly to the
modem. Still having problems? Call your ISP.

If you updated your wireless adapter drivers from Windows Update, roll back
to the correct drivers.

Roll Back Troublesome Device Drivers in Windows Vista from the How-To Geek -
http://tinyurl.com/346lox

So there are a few suggestions. If you need more help, these links will show
you what details to include so people who want to help you have something
with which to work:

Malke