Multiple workgroups

Oren

Multiple workgroups
I am trying to set up my office with a additional workgroup. Workgroup1 is
hooked to a wireless router then to the internet dsl line, the systems on
that network are all running XP Pro. We have just expanded to the adjacent
office space and want to have another workgroup that hooks to a router and
internet through another dsl line. We wnat a few people to see both work
groups and switch back and forth as needed. The new set up is using Vista,
how can I set it up?

Thanks
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Multiple workgroups
Hi
If one of the computers has a second network card (or if none have, install
a second card in one computer).
Connect this card to the Router of the other network and configure it as
though it belongs to the second network.
Then Bridge the two networks in the computer with the two Cards.
This page describe bridging between two network it uses USB as an example,
but the principle is the same for two regular Networks.
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art.../wxpbrdge.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Oren" <Oren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up my office with a additional workgroup. Workgroup1 is
> hooked to a wireless router then to the internet dsl line, the systems on
> that network are all running XP Pro. We have just expanded to the adjacent
> office space and want to have another workgroup that hooks to a router and
> internet through another dsl line. We wnat a few people to see both work
> groups and switch back and forth as needed. The new set up is using Vista,
> how can I set it up?
>
> Thanks

Oren

Re: Multiple workgroups
The computer with two connections is a Vista system with a direct connection
from the dsl modem using ethernet connection. The second adapter is a
wireless adapter connected to the old workgroup. Can I still use the
referenced bridge setup in my vista system?
Thanks for helping me out.