Vista network inconsistent

tilleyb

Vista network inconsistent

I have a hp laptop with windows vista home and a desktop with windows
vista home. My problem is sometimes I can see and access the network
and other times I can't see it. If I reboot sometimes the network is
accessible sometimes it isn't. This is terribly frustrating since my
desktop also is connected to my printer. I've been reading alot of
posts about this and can't find a solution. HELP.

--
tilleyb
tilleyb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tilleyb.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

marrypoppins

Re: Vista network inconsistent

What kind of internet do you use, wireless? If you have two computers
experiencing this problem it may be your internet provider.

When you do get a connection (if you use wireless) how stong is the
signal?

--
marrypoppins
tilleyb

Re: Vista network inconsistent

wireless internet and very strong signal. I just noticed my desktop
doesn't see my laptop. I don't think it ever did.

--
tilleyb
tilleyb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tilleyb.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1028695.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Paul Montgomery

Re: Vista network inconsistent
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:23:39 +0530, tilleyb
<tilleyb.3evrfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>wireless internet and very strong signal. I just noticed my desktop
>doesn't see my laptop. I don't think it ever did.

Thanks for telling us that. Speaking for myself: it made my day.
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Vista network inconsistent
Hi
Might be environmental noise try to change the transmission channel of the
Wireless Router (1 or 11 are good choices).
http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"tilleyb" <tilleyb.3evdjb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a hp laptop with windows vista home and a desktop with windows
> vista home. My problem is sometimes I can see and access the network
> and other times I can't see it. If I reboot sometimes the network is
> accessible sometimes it isn't. This is terribly frustrating since my
> desktop also is connected to my printer. I've been reading alot of
> posts about this and can't find a solution. HELP.
>

> --
> tilleyb
> tilleyb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tilleyb.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1028695.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista network inconsistent
In vista'a Network and Sharing>Turn on Network Discovery on both computers
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"tilleyb" wrote:

> wireless internet and very strong signal. I just noticed my desktop
> doesn't see my laptop. I don't think it ever did.
>

> --
> tilleyb
> tilleyb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tilleyb.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...rk/1028695.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

tickelstheivorys

Re: Vista network inconsistent

I feel your pain I really do. I'm having the same issues. And for the
record everybody it has nothing to do with Network Sharing being turned
off. I have it turned on on both my computers. So explain to me why my
desktop sees everything all the time and I can connect to my laptop with
it and then my laptop can sometimes see but not connect to my desktop.
It's really frustrating. I keep getting an error about my desktop not
being accessible and to check my spelling. I'm about to strangle Bill
Gates on this one. Never have I been more frustrated in my life. Both
my computers have Vista as well.

--
tickelstheivorys
tickelstheivorys's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tickelstheivorys.htm