Automatic Backup in Windows Vista to Network Drive

Art

Automatic Backup in Windows Vista to Network Drive
We have an IBM AS400 in the office with shared folders on our network. I am
attempting to set up an automatic backup to one of these folders. I am able
to browse to the folder in the setup dialog, but when I attempt to access it
I get the following error:

The Network Share could not be accessed for the following reason:

The RPC server is unavailable. (0x800706BA)

Please insure the network location is valid.

Any help here?

Art
Art

RE: Automatic Backup in Windows Vista to Network Drive
Here is some info from IBM on this problem:

Microsoft Windows Vista backup to a NetServer mapped drive will fail with a
message:

RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)

IBM research finds that this error occurs because Windows Vista is sending a
request for a directory operation on the IPC$ share, and NetServer does not
support doing directory operations on IPC$.

Vista is looking for /lsarpc when connecting to IPC$. The /lsarpc directory
is not a file share type directory. It is associated with the IPC$ share that
is used at logon (connection) time - lsarpc is actually a named pipe that is
(in Windows) accessible over an anonymous connection to the IPC$ share.
Netlogon, lsarpc, and samr are all pipes that are aliases, and they are all
aliases associated with the pipe named lsass (lsass.exe). This pipe (lsass)
is used as a transport for several RPC-based interfaces. These pipes do exist
on Microsoft Windows XP; however, Windows XP does not appear to use them in
the same way (or at all) when trying to access network resources.

It is possible that Microsoft has a way of turning this function off in
Windows Vista; however, IBM does not currently have any related information
nor actually know that such and option exists.