Vista box not visible on Domain systems

Chri Tidio

Vista box not visible on Domain systems
I read a few hundred messages in this newsgroup, and will continue
reading, but may be someone can help me focus a bit on possible
problems.

I just added a Vist Premium box to a small 2003 SBS domain. I can
access all domain resources (printers, etc.) and all domain nodes from
this Vista box.

However, when I check my Network Neighborhood, on any other of the
domain nodes, I cannot see this new box.

In case it makes any difference, teh domain has a mix of XP and Vista
systems. I can see ALL other XP and ALL other Vista systems form all
the nodes, but I cannot see this new one.

I have tried temporarily disabling Norton, and all other "protection"
settings, removed it and added to the domain a couple of times, just
in case,...

Any pointers?

Chris
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista box not visible on Domain systems
Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium can not join a Domain.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Chri Tidio" wrote:

> I read a few hundred messages in this newsgroup, and will continue
> reading, but may be someone can help me focus a bit on possible
> problems.
>
> I just added a Vist Premium box to a small 2003 SBS domain. I can
> access all domain resources (printers, etc.) and all domain nodes from
> this Vista box.
>
> However, when I check my Network Neighborhood, on any other of the
> domain nodes, I cannot see this new box.
>
> In case it makes any difference, teh domain has a mix of XP and Vista
> systems. I can see ALL other XP and ALL other Vista systems form all
> the nodes, but I cannot see this new one.
>
> I have tried temporarily disabling Norton, and all other "protection"
> settings, removed it and added to the domain a couple of times, just
> in case,...
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Chris

Chris Tidio

Re: Vista box not visible on Domain systems
Oops, mis-spoke, sorry. I am indeed using Vista Business and I am
connected to a Domain, as I mentioned in the original message.

Any ideas what might be causing my problems?

Chris