Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Help with Networking Printer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2008
swampygal@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Help with Networking Printer
I have a WindowsXP Desk Top that my HP Printer is originally connected
to. I bought a HP Lap Top and I wanted to get it connected wirelessly
to my printer. My HP Printer isn't Vista ready, but I've already got
the Vista drivers for it and installed the Printer Software on my Lap
Top. I also clicked on Sharing on my Lap Top and on my Desk Top.
When I plug my Printer directly into my Lap Top it will print a sample
out for me, but not wirelessly.

There is something left to do I guess that I didn't do and I am not
sure what it is if anyone is familiar with it I would appreciate the
help.
Thanks
Swampy
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2008
echrada
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer

Do you have a network card in your printer - is it in fact a wireless
printer?

If so you have to connect it to your wireless network and then you will
be able to connect to it wirelessly.


--
echrada
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2008
swampygal@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer
On Aug 18, 3:25*pm, echrada <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> Do you have a network card in your printer - is it in fact a wireless
> printer? *
>
> If so you have to connect it to your wireless network and then you will
> be able to connect to it wirelessly.
>
> --
> echrada


A wireless Printer? It is a HP PhotoSmart D7100
To answer your question I do not think so, but I was told if I
downloaded the Vista Drivers for it I could use it wirelessly on my
Lap Top. I just bought my Lap Top in June 2008.
Swampy
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2008
echrada
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer

Somebody told you wrong.


--
echrada
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2008
PaulB
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Help with Networking Printer
Is your desktop connected to a wireless network?
--
Paul


"swampygal@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have a WindowsXP Desk Top that my HP Printer is originally connected
> to. I bought a HP Lap Top and I wanted to get it connected wirelessly
> to my printer. My HP Printer isn't Vista ready, but I've already got
> the Vista drivers for it and installed the Printer Software on my Lap
> Top. I also clicked on Sharing on my Lap Top and on my Desk Top.
> When I plug my Printer directly into my Lap Top it will print a sample
> out for me, but not wirelessly.
>
> There is something left to do I guess that I didn't do and I am not
> sure what it is if anyone is familiar with it I would appreciate the
> help.
> Thanks
> Swampy
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2008
echrada
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer

In other words do you have it connected to a wireless router via
ethernet cable?


--
echrada
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2008
swampygal@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer
On Aug 19, 12:37*pm, PaulB <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is your desktop connected to a wireless network?
> --
> Paul
>
>
>
> "swampy...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > I have a WindowsXP Desk Top that my HP Printer is originally connected
> > to. *I bought a HP Lap Top and I wanted to get it connected wirelessly
> > to my printer. *My HP Printer isn't Vista ready, but I've already got
> > the Vista drivers for it and installed the Printer Software on my Lap
> > Top. *I also clicked on Sharing on my Lap Top and on my Desk Top.
> > When I plug my Printer directly into my Lap Top it will print a sample
> > out for me, but not wirelessly.

>
> > There is something left to do I guess that I didn't do and I am not
> > sure what it is if anyone is familiar with it I would appreciate the
> > help.
> > Thanks
> > Swampy- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


yes I do
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2008
swampygal@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer
On Aug 19, 12:56*pm, echrada <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> In other words do you have it connected to a wireless router via
> ethernet cable?
>
> --
> echrada


Yes that is correct
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2008
swampygal@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer
On Aug 19, 12:56*pm, echrada <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> In other words do you have it connected to a wireless router via
> ethernet cable?
>
> --
> echrada


My Desk Top is connected to a Linksys Router and Ethernet Cable
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2008
swampygal@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Help with Networking Printer
On Aug 22, 5:32*am, swampy...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 19, 12:56*pm, echrada <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
>
> > In other words do you have it connected to a wireless router via
> > ethernet cable?

>
> > --
> > echrada

>
> Yes that is correct


Then my Lap Top is wirelessly from my Desk Top
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP Printer and networking Ed H microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 6 06-03-2008 08:24
Networking a printer SelfTaught and StillLearning microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 03-26-2008 15:03
Printer Networking tim microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 11-07-2007 10:56
Networking Printer Problem!! Curt Davis microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 09-01-2007 17:19
Networking Printer from Vista to XP Please help microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 07-07-2007 00:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120