Switching on remote desktop access on vista business

John

Switching on remote desktop access on vista business
Hi

How can I switch on remote desktop access on a vista business pc which is
connected to a windows small business server domain?

As I am new to vista (coming from xp pro) some steps would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regards

Mr. Arnold

Re: Switching on remote desktop access on vista business

"John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> How can I switch on remote desktop access on a vista business pc which is
> connected to a windows small business server domain?
>
> As I am new to vista (coming from xp pro) some steps would be appreciated.

I don't see why not. I was using a Standard user account. I then switched to
an Admin account. I tried to shutdown the machine as Admin. It came back and
told me that another account was still active. The only problem you would
have is if you tried to start another RD session after you switched to the
other user account, because the RD port(s) would already be in use.

<https://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4b2208e2-90ac-4394-b7fc-b8a84b2e2d0a1033.mspx>

Sooner Al [MVP]

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:02:35 +0100, John wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can I switch on remote desktop access on a vista business pc which
> is connected to a windows small business server domain?
>
> As I am new to vista (coming from xp pro) some steps would be
> appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Regards

From Vista online Help and Support...

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...6fa-e629-423b-
abba-b30f76cc61e61033.mspx#EQD

****************************

To allow remote connections on the computer you want to connect to,
follow these steps:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button,
clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then
clicking System.

2. Click Remote settings on the left.

3. In the System Properties dialog box, under Remote Desktop, select the
one of the three options, and then click Select Users. Administrator
permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If you are an administrator on the computer, your current user account
will automatically be added to the list of remote users and you can skip
the next two steps.

4. In the Remote Desktop Users dialog box, click Add.

5. In the Select Users or Groups dialog box, do the following:

• To specify the search location, click Locations, and then select the
location you want to search.
•In Enter the object names to select, type the name of the user that you
want to add, and then click OK.

The name will be displayed in the list of users in the Remote Desktop
Users dialog box.

*********************

Now its possible the network and/or domain admins have disabled this via
a group policy. Check with them as needed...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
Mr. Arnold

Re: Switching on remote desktop access on vista business

The line wrap and the link is broken
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...6fa-e629-423b-
abba-b30f76cc61e61033.mspx#EQD

<url> and the url is not borken.

<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/f55326fa-e629-423b-abba-b30f76cc61e61033.mspx#EQD>

or

www.tinyurl.com

Kerry Brown

Re: Switching on remote desktop access on vista business
"John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> How can I switch on remote desktop access on a vista business pc which is
> connected to a windows small business server domain?
>
> As I am new to vista (coming from xp pro) some steps would be appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks

How did you join the Vista computer to the SBS domain? If you used the
connectcomputer wizard remote access should already be setup through the
Remote Web Workplace feature of SBS.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/