Do not have permission on networked drive

Neal

Do not have permission on networked drive
I am having a weird issue. I have Vista Ultimate 64bit with OneCare. To
backup OneCare to a internal HD I have to network the HD. I did this. I
networked my D drive and have it named as a Z drive in my network location.
For some reason now I can not access it. I really only have read access on
it. When I look at permissions everything is marked as full access. So
thought I would try do delete the network drive but I can not. So I thought
I would turn off file sharing and turn it back on. I not turn off the file
sharing. I have no idea what is going on right now. About a week ago my
networked printer just vanished and I had to reinstall it.

Any idea what is going on with Vista? There is something weird going on with
the my networking but I can not figure it out.

Malke

Re: Do not have permission on networked drive
Neal wrote:

> I am having a weird issue. I have Vista Ultimate 64bit with OneCare. To
> backup OneCare to a internal HD I have to network the HD. I did this. I
> networked my D drive and have it named as a Z drive in my network
> location. For some reason now I can not access it. I really only have read
> access on it. When I look at permissions everything is marked as full
> access. So thought I would try do delete the network drive but I can not.
> So I thought I would turn off file sharing and turn it back on. I not turn
> off the file sharing. I have no idea what is going on right now. About a
> week ago my networked printer just vanished and I had to reinstall it.
>
> Any idea what is going on with Vista? There is something weird going on
> with the my networking but I can not figure it out.

Another reason not to use OneCare. I have these notes about the issue:

To properly configure Windows Live OneCare for the local area network,
please see the following MS KB Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923157

This is because Windows Live OneCare disables file/printer sharing.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!